X Chapter 23 X

"You have got to be kidding me." Drucilla groaned as she looked at the ridiculous maid uniform Kurapika handed her as they snuck in through the back of the hotel where The Spiders had taken Gon and Killua.

"We have to blend in." Kurapika reasoned.

"So why can't I also be a receptionist?" Drucilla growled as she snatched the stupid frilly french maid uniform from him.

"We need to spread out to avoid drawing attention." Kurapika explained.

Drucilla scowled down at the uniform, "I'm going to have a talk with management about their choice in uniforms, this is clearly sexual harassment." She huffed before going to change in the bathroom. Her dark green eyes narrowed as she caught sight of her reflection in the employee bathroom mirror. If Min could see her now he'd never let her live it down. Another more horrifying thought crossed her mind, what if Hisoka saw her in this?

Her face flushed scarlet at the thought and she dropped her head into her hands. "I hate this." She smoothed out her stupid uniform. It was tighter than she'd like and drew a lot of attention to her cleavage. "I'm going to murder the first person to make a comment." She grumbled under her breath as she discreetly stepped into the lobby joining another maid behind the counter and helped her load the maid cart with mints, cleaning supplies, fresh linens, towels, robes and slippers.

Kurapika was at the next desk over blending in completely and successfully passing as a female receptionist. Leorio was in position sitting on one of the sofas in the lobby with a radio sitting on the table in front of him, a newspaper spread out before him and his phone pressed to his ear pretending to be in some kind of heated business call.

Drucilla sensed the arrival of The Spiders before she saw them. She managed to mask her presence and kept her head down and her back to the door as she assisted the other maid with loading the cart. The plan was while Kurapkia was ensnaring their boss, Drucilla would launch ice at Machi and the threads she used to bind the boys cutting them free so they could make their own moves to escape under the cover of darkness.

Leorio began his attempt at secretly conveying to the boys the plan while pretending to be yelling at someone on his phone. Just as the blackout was about to happen, Drucilla followed the other maid out from behind the counter pushing the cart piled high with their supplies. As the lights went out, Drucilla cast her gaze to where the spiders were gathered and hurled three blades of ice, two sliced through the threads tethering Killua and Gon and the third pierced Machi in the shoulder. She was saved by Pakunoda who happened to be standing in the way of Drucilla's clean shot. She fled the hotel after Kurapika, Leorio and Kurapika's quarry.

"Drucilla." Kurapika handed her a folded piece of parchment and she swiftly attached it to another blade of ice and hurled it back into the lobby before getting into the awaiting car.

Leorio took the driver's seat as Melody slid over into the passenger seat and Drucilla, Kurapika and his quarry piled into the backseat before Leorio took off like a bat out of hell. Drucilla's dark green eyes swept over their captive who seemed completely at ease, this must be the boss, the one Hisoka wished to fight. He was tall and had slicked back black hair, dark charcoal eyes, a cross shaped tattoo on his forehead and wore two bulbous teal colored earrings from his ears. She hoped the boys had managed to escape but she had a feeling they hadn't and were still being held hostage. The note Kurapkia had given her probably had some kind of instruction to keep them from harm, she only hoped they'd abide. If they didn't, every last spider would earn a place on her list.

Leorio kept frantically checking the rearview mirrors as the car sped away from the hotel. Worrying about someone following them.

"It's okay," Kurapika said softly, "a number of the enemies were injured." His gaze swept in Drucilla's direction, she'd attacked so fast and had severely wounded one of them while simultaneously cutting the boys loose. "They won't move until reinforcements arrive."