X Chapter 5 X

Dream/Series of Flashbacks

"Mommy!" An eight-year-old Drucilla cried in a panic as the sounds of women screaming and men dying echoed from the village.

Her mother, a dark beauty with silken ebony hair, lightly tanned skin and eyes like hellfire smiled down at her. "Don't worry, Mommy will always protect you." She bent down to kiss her atop the head and Drucilla felt something wash over her, some strange aura that made her stomach churn uneasily.

"Mommy?" Drucilla cried as she watched her mother arm herself with two giant battle axes.

"Stay out of sight, Dru." Her mother ordered before slipping out of their small cottage home.

Drucilla peered through a crack in the curtains as fear and panic gripped her heart. Her mother was a hunter, a strong fearsome hunter. She watched in awe as her mother's battle axes became encased in fire as she launched a barrage of attacks against the men wreaking havoc on their village. They were taking women and children captive and killing all the men.

The villagers cried out in joy as they spotted the female warrior laying waste to the horde of invaders. She moved with a swiftness and grace that was unmatched, most would be slowed down by the great battle axes, but if they hindered her in the slightest, she didn't show it. The people began to cheer and those who had already been captured called for help. It looked like her mother was going to be the victor and everyone would be saved and Drucilla cheered her on from the cottage.

A massive spear like thorn suddenly pierced through the female warrior's chest from behind, plunging through her and piercing into the earth, holding her upright. Drucilla let out a horrendous shriek as she saw her mother impaled by the giant spike. Blood bubbled from the beautiful woman's lips and her hellish eyes flit to the cottage. Their eyes met. Her mother glared, she wasn't going to give up. She brought down one of her great axes onto the spike breaking it so she could move.

She turned to face whoever was responsible and Drucilla screamed as another spike pierced her through her chest. "MOMMY!"

"You would have fetched quite a price." A cold voice tsked in disdain as a tall man with long dark hair stepped forward. "Pity." A spike appeared in his hand.

Her mother looked to the window once more. Tears streamed down Drucilla's cheeks as their eyes met once more. 'I love you and I will always protect you.' She mouthed the words as if in prayer and Drucilla let out a guttural wail as the man drove the spike through her mother's skull.

Everything faded to black as Drucilla lost herself in her grief. She'd been captured by the vile man who had killed her mother and fell victim to the human trafficking trade in the black market. Vile, filthy, despicable low life scum that didn't deserve to be called men purchased her, tortured her and tried everything in their power to break her. After trading hands, a few times, she'd been sold to one of the lowest of the low, a man who made his profit filming the torture, rape and murder of innocents for the pleasure of the demented.

"You're going to be a star, kid." His cold voice echoed in her mind and the vision faded to a dimly lit stone dungeon. It was a house of perversion and horror with all manner of instruments and equipment.

Twelve-year-old Drucilla struggled to raise her head in her drug induced state. The flashing red light from the camera was the only thing her hazy mind could focus on. She blocked out the pain, she blocked out the mortification and the self-loathing; all she could think about was that blinking red light as some vile scum crawled on top of her. Her mind began to clear and the realization of what was about to happen next struck her with terror. She was going to die. They were going to torture, demean and degrade her until she couldn't bear it any longer, then they would kill her.