X Chapter 11 X

Drucilla woke with a gasp, her heart pounding in her chest, her thoughts racing. In the back of her mind the remnants of the memories she'd been dreaming about played through her mind, her screams echoing in her head. She felt something stir beside her and as fear gripped her heart, the temperature in the room plummeted.

               "Mm. Cilla-chan, why so cold?" Hisoka's voice breathed in her ear causing her to squeak and attempt to scramble from the bed, but his strong arms were tightly wound around her waist keeping her pressed against his lithe lean torso.

               "H-Hisoka-san!" She squealed, "What are you doing?"

               "You looked lonely sleeping by yourself." He chimed as he nuzzled her neck causing her breath to hitch in her throat, a shiver to roll down her spine and warmth to spread from her core.

               "Don't touch me!" Drucilla snarled and swung her elbow back at him.

               He caught her elbow with ease and smiled as she rolled over throwing a punch with her free hand. Once again, he caught her, halting her attack. "You're so spirited when you wake up, Cilla-chan."

               "Let go!" She attempted to wrench her hands free only to squeak in terror as he flipped over her pinning her beneath him, sitting atop her stomach, smiling down at her wickedly. Glaring up at him fiercely, Drucilla managed to hook her legs around his torso and pull with all her might, managing to flip them both.

               They tumbled off the bed and she landed on top of him, her legs straddling his waist.  Her dark green eyes narrowed as she stared down at him smiling sheepishly beneath her. Though, she tried to keep a cool mask of annoyance on, she couldn't help her heart racing in her chest or her eyes wandering over his perfect figure, taking in every last detail, his pale skin, his taut muscles rippling beneath her, the way his hair fell flat and hung in his face when he first woke up and hadn't styled it. He looked older and more distinguished with his hair down, less playful and it unsettled her.

               "You're staring, Cilla-chan."

               "You look weird." She grumbled defensively as her gaze once more wandered over him trying to memorize every last detail. Hisoka was unpredictable, and though she'd never admit it, she was worried that when she woke up, he wouldn't be here. Though he was a creep and he pushed her buttons like no other, she found that she liked his company, she was at ease in his presence, most of the time and the rest of the time he made her heart race.

               "You're staring again." He chuckled and reached up to cup her face with his hand startling her and causing her to fall away from him with a squeak. His muscles drew taut as he propped himself up on his elbows to look at her.

               "Stop that!" Drucilla snapped as she rolled to her feet and attempted to escape to the bathroom.

               "Stop what?" Hisoka mused.

               'Being Sexy'. She thought to herself with an internal groan. Something was wrong with her. After all she'd been through, men should repulse her, everything about them should be despicable and detestable, but despite herself she couldn't take her eyes off of him, or clear her mind of ridiculous fantasies.

               "Nothing. Forget it. I'm taking a bath." She waved him off and escaped to the bathroom and as she reached for the door to slam it shut, her hand brushed through air. Her eyes snapped to the doorframe and she felt her heart drop and rage well up inside of her, "WHERE THE HELL IS THE BATHROOM DOOR?!"