i cant stop thinking about the empires finale help 🥀

Wrote this crack instead of working on bitter water, but i swear i will update it eventually

⚠️tw: violence, fire, breathing issues, minor suicidal language⚠️

Take care of yourselves bbs 💛

"NO! STOP, NO, YOU—YOU CAN'T!"

Xornoth's scream fell on deaf ears as Scott plunged the rune blade into his stomach. Everything was fire, everything was burning, but Scott didn't stop. Pain exploded through his gut, and the only thing keeping him from crying out from the sheer weight of it was the knowledge that this was the right thing to do.

An arc of red spurted out and fell against the netherrack below them with a splat. And Scott felt himself falling too, unable to pull the sword out of his stomach no matter how desperately he grasped at the handle.

A slower death, then.

He tumbled to the ground, back letting out a sickeningly audible crack as he did so, and making the blade still stuck in his gut dislodge just enough to send pain shooting back across his body. This time, he couldn't stop himself from screaming.

The blurry shape of Xornoth, his brother, fell. It was hard to tell what was happening around him through the haze of red, but Scott knew what the outcome would be.

Xornoth and Scott. Scott and Xornoth. Angel and demon. Champions of Aeor and Exor, two twin souls of ice and fire. One could not live without the other. By killing himself, and by extension Xornoth, Scott would be saving the server. His friends. Jimmy. Everyone...

But gods, he was so scared.

A scratchy, raw whimper escaped Scott's mouth as he lay bleeding out on the netherrack, faced with the terrible truth. I don't want to be alone. He stared up at the sky, dark and red, gasping and crying pathetically for breath that seemed to only escape his lungs the harder he tried. His heart slowed.

And then...

Gem. Fwhip. Lizzie. Katherine. Sausage. Pearl. Pixil. Shubble. Joel. Even Joey.

Jimmy.

Jimmy stepped forwards and knelt down so he was hovering over Scott, their noses an inch from touching. He reached down and pressed his hand against Scott's cheek with an expression he was sure was mirrored on his own face, and although he couldn't feel Jimmy's hand he knew it was there.

"You won't be alone." Jimmy whispered, a soft, reassuring smile breaking through the tears gushing down his face. "I'm here, Scott. All of us are here. We won't leave you alone."

"J-Jimmy?" Scott breathed, darkness rapidly spreading up the edges of his blurred vision.

"I'm so proud of you. Come home, Scott."

Xornoth's body was still. The sun returned.

And Scott died.