a real quick fluff bc its 3 am and i have school tomorrow ❤️

this is e!jimmy's dream about his past life jsyk

The sun warmed his face as he lay comfortably in the grass next to the blue-haired man, their fingers intertwined. Flowers grew all around them, whites and yellows and the occasional red blossom. But something about the scene made Jimmy feel—not... sad, exactly. Nostalgic? Was that the word?

"Are we going to be okay?" He found himself asking, turning his head to the man laying in the dewey grass beside him. "Are... are you ready, I mean. For the war?"

"Well..." the man hesitated. "No one's ever really ready, are they?"

It was a question, but one Jimmy could tell he wasn't supposed to answer. So instead he curled up close to the man and closed his eyes.

A beat passed, just the two of them laid out on the grass.

"Well, I know I'm scared." Jimmy mused, wrapping his arms around the other man. If only he could remember his name. "But I... I'll protect you. Through thick and through thin, through war and peace. I won't let them get to you and I'll make sure-" a lump formed in his throat, and Jimmy found himself choking back tears. "I'll make sure you have a happy ending, okay?"

The man was quiet, then, for a long time.

"Sunflower."

"Yeah?"

"Have I told you that I love you yet?"

"Yes." He smiled. "Every day."

"Well, I love you, and I want you to know that I'd never hurt you. Never. If we were the last two people alive on this earth, I would give up the world to keep you safe. Because you are my world, Sunflower."

Jimmy felt the man shift, felt their foreheads bonk. He opened his eyes to see smiling blue ones staring back at him, a single tear slowly trickling down its owner's cheek. Without thinking, Jimmy reached up his hand and traced his face with his thumb. He didn't pull away.

The man in front of him seemed sort of blurred around the edges, as if he was just a distant memory, or another life, and nothing more. But at that moment he felt like the realest thing Jimmy had ever known.

"Wow, when did you get so deep?" Jimmy teased, squeezing his hand.

"Well, someone has to be the dispenser of cheesy quotes around here." He replied, laughing when Jimmy threw a fistful of flowers into his smug face.

"You're such an idiot." Jimmy snuggled up to the man, burying his face into fistfuls of denim.

"Hey, that's my line!" The man wrapped his arms around Jimmy and pulled him in even closer. They were so close now, close enough for the man to look down and kiss Jimmy on the top of his head.

And that's exactly what he did.

Jimmy stiffened at the sudden contact, but soon melted into the kiss, shoulders sagging. He was here, with his husband, and everything in the world was going to be alright. He would be alright.

"Have I told you that I love you yet?" Jimmy asked, looking up.

"Yeah." He smiled, pulling away. "Every day, Sunflower."

Sunflower. That felt safe.