Chapter Six

Days turned into weeks during my stay at Ever After High, I was now acquaintances with Apple White, Raven Queen and everyone in between with an open heart. Though the one with the biggest heart seemed to be nowhere, or I was unintentionally avoiding her. 

"Two roses, right?" I shook my head to snap out of my rain of thought comically.

The guy with curly brown hair nodded in response eagerly. 

"Person, class and time?" I said nonchalantly and quickly, I was accustomed to it, the speed of my sentence most likely made my question sound like the buzzing of a fly, furthermore making the boy take a long time to even comprehend what was happening. 

"U-um, Briar Beauty, Mythmatics, a-at half-nine o'clock..." 

I hummed as I jotted it down on my notepad, "And what will you be giving your Valentine?" I asked in a sing-song tone, despite my resistance to doing the job, it was...wholesome, I was doing my job as Cupid and getting paid!

"Two roses p-please"

"Noted, that will be fourteen dollars." I smiled, he further went through his pocket and handed me a ten-dollar slip with a one. 

 "Have a spell-binding day!' I waved before then turning my body to face the scare number of remaining gifts. 

I couldn't believe how quickly the presents were flying off the shelves...There were one, two, three---three roses, two candy hearts and one chocolate bar left.

"Good day." My eyes widened at the deep voice, I immediately turned my head to face a green-skinned orc. 

"I-um, good day to you as well." I formally responded. 

"Person, class and time?" 

"Y/n L/n, Science and Sorcery, ten o'clock."

Wait for what? Not only did he have a c--I don't want to use that word, a thing for you but gave you the cheapest item on the list. 

What a-

"Excuse me, aren't you supposed to be writing this down?" He eyed my notepad on the counter.

"U-uh, yes, sorry can you repeat that?" I nervously chuckled. 

"Ugh. Y/n L/n," He said it with immense force, Y/n was sweet and friendly, so what if he was agitated he had to say it again? It was utter disrespect. 

"Science and Sorcery, ten o'clock, did you hear me that time?" He spat out with a fake polite tone. 

"Yeah. That will be four dollars." 
"Psh, fine." He tossed the currency on the table and turned his heel while stuffing his hands in his jacket pockets. 

I looked down at my notepad, chicken scratch was all that could be seen, sure, I knew the information but I couldn't care less to jot it down. 

I ripped the sheet of paper from its original place, crumbled it up and tossed it in the nearby trashcan, I could be a better secret admirer, heck, girlfriend than him. 

I peeked down at my notepad and scribbled down the following sentence: 

𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓨/𝓷 𝓛/𝓷.