Chapter Twelve

"Hello, honey." Said Eros with a static posture and a sour expression. As he stood back from the bright portal, he stared at his daughter with daggers in his eyes, waiting for her to enter the portal home.

And much to her regret, she did.

A rhythmic click echoed throughout the large hall as Cupid's heels crossed the  floor. She had a hard time adjusting to the bright white area.
"You took advantage of your position as Cupid despite being sent to Ever After High with a duty." His chest tightened. "Give me your bow and arrow."

It dawned on her that this was really happening as her eyes were fixed on the items in front of her. With no second glance, Cupid passed on the bow and arrow. Eros kept walking forward with Cupid following behind him. Fear and anxiety filled her as she watched every step she took on the marble floor.

"Why did you do it?" He asked, tone accusing. Her father's stern face escaped her eyes as she turned away. Trying to think of any possible escape, she kept silent as her mind raced.

He bared his teeth as he continued, "Love is for mortals after all."

"No. It isn't." She said. Her father jerked his head around, and Cupid flinched under his stare before quickly averting it. His eyes were filled with rage as he exhaled a frustrated breath. In a deep shade of red, her face blossomed and her features scrunched up.

“You just don’t get it!” She screamed, clenching her fists tightly. Her composure was slipping away as tears streamed down her cheeks.
"I'm expected to make everyone fall in love, but everyone forgets that I'm a person too, and I need love too. When was the last time someone cared about the wellbeing of me? When was the last time someone loved me? Or showed me love?"

A scowl escaped his lips. "And yet, you find love in a classmate you forced to love you?"

Cupid stood frozen for a moment. "I..." she trailed off.

Y̵̵̸̶̷̷̷̷̵̵̶̶̵̴̷̶̸̶̷̷̧̢̡̡̢̨̨̧̨̛͇̭͓̖̰̘̖̱͎̹͚͚͓̯̭̝̬͇͙͎̲̦̩̫̹͉̥̰̪͔̙̝̗̻͍̱̯͉̪̟̤̜͙͓̮͖̺͍͉̱͚̱͎͉̣͎̼̫̫̬͎͍͓͎̬̬͙̗͙̟̦͎͔̳͙̠̝̮͎̭̙̘̝̞͇̟̗̱̘̬̫̥͈͔̽͐͗̀͛̈̿̐̈́̔̆̈͑̅̅̈͆͗̓̈͊̿̇͊̋̀̀̈̇̄̋͋̀̒̀͛́͆̽͂̂̉̄̀̍̈́̉͛̂̄̍̀̋͆̾̎͛̓̍̅̓̾̓̓̆͑͋̎͂̀̐͗̍͛̈́̄̽̀͑̆̓̿̉̄͘͘̚̚͘̚͘͘̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝͠͠͠͝ę̶̸̶̷̸̷̵̴̷̴̵̶̵̸̵̴̵̴̢̨̢̨̢̧̨̢̡̡̧̨̡̨̛̘̗̜̺̹͙̺͍̖̭͍̬̤̥̝̺͔̺͚͍̥̩̤̤̥̗̹̱͕͇̠̤̱̝̹͈̣͓͉͎̺̳̘̣͈͎̩͉̯͚͈̲̟̠̘͉̩̙̤̺̟̠͕̖͎̰͕̩̩̂̑͂̈́̽̅̿̌̈́̍̀͛́͛̽̾͆̋͒̌̍̋̓̄̅̑͑̑̔́͒̽̐̓̌͒̈́̈͋́̋̍̽͛̂̀̊̓́̄̑͗͆̆̂̌̐͌̂̃͂̀̎̾̐̇̀̈́͑̉̇̈́̍̉̀́̐̇̽̍̕͘̚̚̕͘͘͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝ͅͅͅş̷̸̷̵̶̷̸̶̸̴̴̷̷̷̵̶̷̢̡̡̧̛͉̩̜͕̰̗̘̤̦̠̺̜̲̭̰̹̯̮̺̳̹͉̪̟̜͚̙̮̜̝̥̟͚̻͉̤̰̳̤̮̻̰̯̫̼͔͍͖͖͉̩̭̺͕̣͇̪͍͓̘̮̹͚̼̳̳͖̥̘̮͎̫̈͐͒͋̅̔̂̇̌̽̿̈́̑̄̿̔̑̔͑̋̈͌̉̔̀͌͊̈́̐͊͂͂͌̿̿̀̌͗̃̽̓͗̒̈̿͗̀̀͌̓͂̂̈̾̇̈́̈́͑͋͆̀́́͐͐̌̅̅͛͐̍͒̓͆̕͘͘̕̕͘͘͜͜͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͠͝͝ͅ