Back to Alexandra POV: Frenemies

It was the morning of Shadow Night. Last night had been unusually quiet even though it had been Prank Night. I wondered if people had been told to keep it tame. I had gone to sleep pretty early so that I could avoid the pranks. Evan had warned me to lock my door. I had done just that to avoid any surprises in the middle of the night.

I quickly showered and got ready. I was excited to talk to Eric and Lynda because they would probably be joining Shadow Night too. Uther was probably going to participate too. Maybe they were going to go together. I was going to go with Evan. It was a decision that I had mulled over before falling asleep. Either it was going to be a great night or it was going to go really bad. There was no going back though.

"Morning," I appeared in the kitchen to find Lydia and Eric up. They were still in their pajamas. Tonight, was Shadow Night, and then tomorrow afternoon would be Selection Day. I couldn't believe that it was already here.

     "Good morning take a seat. Breakfast will be ready soon." Lydia waved at me with the spatula in her hand. Eric was cutting up some fruit. He didn't glance or acknowledge me.

I made a face as I sat down. Uther appeared in his pajamas. It looked like I was the only one that had gotten dressed.

        "Why are you going with Evan to Shadow Night?" Eric finally said something. I rolled my eyes at Uther who raised his eyebrows.

      "How does everybody know?" I lifted my eyebrows at Uther who only shrugged at me.

       "I may have told them," he smoothed the tablecloth with his fingers.

        "It was supposed to be kind of like a surprise," I grumbled rolling my eyes at Uther. "We are supposed to present a united front."

         "His sister tried to kill you," Eric retorted in loud voice.

         "So did your cousin," I glowered back at him. Eric's face turned bright red. His cousin Louis had been dating Selena and he had known about her plan to attack me. Louis was in Second Chain, and as far as I was concerned, he would stay there. He had made the mistake of trying to get me killed or at least not having intervened.

"We just think that it is not the best idea," Lydia interceded for Eric who was now angrily chopping up fruit. "He's a Lancer," she placed a hand on Eric's shoulder. She lifted her eyebrows at Uther. She wanted him to say something.

      "I don't agree. I think she should go with the Lancer," he shrugged sitting back in his chair. "Bennett agrees with me. It was his idea."

    "Oh really," Lydia's lips pursed. "And you are going to take his advice over ours?" her hands were at her hips. She was now in mom mode.

Uther and I locked eyes, cringing.

      "It will be a good night. You guys can come along with us," I told them trying to smooth things over.

       "You are damn right we will be going," Lydia huffed at me. Eric's mouth thinned but he did nod. "We are going to supervise the both of you," I rolled my eyes in response at her. She had to be joking. There was no need for her to freak out. Part of me was relieved but I thought it was better that we go by ourselves. "And you know Damien isn't going to allow you taking off with Evan,"

I did my best to keep a stoic face because I had completely forgotten about Damien. Damien was going to freak out when he found out about Evan and I partnering up for Shadow Night.

        "We don't have to tell him," I supplied trying to seem like I didn't care. It didn't matter what I said because they were going to tell him. Heck, they may have told him already. Lydia wasn't going to keep something this big from him. My phone started to ring. I glanced down at it. Of course, it was my godfather.