Royal's POV: Oblivious

She was talking about me. It was rather annoying that my cousin had nothing else better to do than to be concerned about me. I did appreciate that Christopher was sticking up for me. My ears tuned in back to their conversation. He liked her. It was obvious that Christopher Brewster had a thing for my cousin.

My lips twitched at the idea. House Brewster clearly had their instincts misaligned. He liked his boss who was a vampire and he had a thing for a girl who craved blood, and could possibly turn into a vampire. Interesting.

It was an amusing thought at the idea of her biting him but it wouldn't happen. House Brewster had been given a certain token by my grandmother. Alexandra wasn't going to understand why certain Houses appealed to her and others did not. She would understand if someone told her. Now wasn't the right time to tell my cousin about the rest of our Uncles. It was best that for now she stayed in the dark until it was time.

"Sir," Young lowered his head. "All clear."

          "You are dismissed. Rest easy," 

        "Thank you, Sir." He nodded once, barely meeting my eyes. I made some of the Slayers uneasy. They knew something was off about me but they couldn't quite place it. It was the same reason that Alexandra found some of these Slayers appetizing but not all. They knew that we were off. I had felt it when Alexandra had stepped out the car, earlier in the day. I had heard their thoughts when they had seen her.

They were confused as to why they felt a level of mistrust and of course, now they were feeling ashamed. She was going to be the First Slayer. They owed their allegiance to her. As far as I knew, all the Slayer Houses were going to ally themselves to her. They saw her as the next Veronica Matheson who had been the strongest and most powerful vampire Slayer before her untimely death.

My grandmother's death was still a mystery. Nobody knew how she had died or where her body was. It had never been found. My Uncles had tried to look for it but with the deaths of my two Uncles, it seemed impossible. Their bodies had never been found either. 

            "And do you have a partner for Shadow Night?" Christopher was now nervous. I felt bad for the kid. His heart was hammering in his chest. His voice was quavering. 

My cousin was surprisingly expressive. Christopher quickly caught the change in her face.

Oh-no, Christopher quickly thought. She's going to say no. 

           "I already have a partner," my cousin replied in an uneasy tone. She was confused as to why he was asking her. My cousin was an idiot.

I rolled my eyes up at the sky. She clearly couldn't see that Christopher Brewster liked her. He had fallen head over heels since he had first seen her. 

           "Who are you going with?" Christopher asked, feeling dejected. I felt how sad he was all of a sudden.

           "Evan Lancer," she answered. There was something in her mind but she pushed it away. Wait a minute, my head turned up towards the roof. What was she doing?

The Lancers wanted nothing to do with the Slayers. In fact, they all disliked the Slayers especially House Matheson.

          "Oh, that's great." He replied in a small tone. "I didn't know you guys were close." There was an implication in his tone.

They are dating, His thoughts sent shock waves through me. There was no way that –