Chapter 27

After texting with Shaun, Yongrae lies on the couch and tries to process what his mother told him that happened when he was gone. He felt regretful about what happened to mister Jee and for leaving Sunjung like that, especially after her father died.

Lucas came back from work and found Yongrae sleeping on the couch. He woke him up and then they went to eat something out and talk.

The next day Yongare woke up early and started getting ready for his meeting with Shaun. They had a lot of catching up to do and Yongrae felt excited about it. He got out and waited for him there. After a couple of minutes, Yongrae heard a car engine noise getting stronger and stronger. He felt curious and went to look for it. In his direction, a beautiful sports car was getting closer at high speed. Yongrae felt scared and went out of the car's way. To his surprise, it was Shaun who drove that car. He lowered the window and waved at Yongrae.

"Hello there, soldier!"- said Shaun from inside the car.

Yongrae saw him and waved back. Shaun parked the car in Lucas's garage and got out of the car. He was wearing a button shirt and sunglasses, also he had changed his hairstyle into an afro. Both boys went toward each other and hugged.

"Hi bro, good to see you!"- said Yongrae.

"Good to see you too bro!"- replied Shaun.

"Wow bro you've changed so much!"- said Yongrae, "What's with the hair and the shirt and those glasses?"

"I have to spend a lot of money on my looks and lifestyle..."- replied Shaun, "Don't forget I am the CEO of Lovoscope dating app!"

"Congratulation bro you deserved it!"- said Yongrae while smiling, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you Yongrae!"- replied Shaun, "Look at you all grown up, you seem bigger than last time."

"Well I've been working out lately..."-said Yongrae jokingly.

"Yongrae welcome back bro!"- said Shaun, "Let's go now."

"Where are you going?"- asked Yongrae, surprised since Shaun was walking from the other side of the car, "Are you forgetting the car?"

"Bro I'm famous now, it's too obvious if we go in my car."- replied Saun as he was wearing a face mask as a hat, "Let's go to someplace quiet okay?"

"Okay, mister VIP!"- replied Yongare disappointed since he wanted to go for a ride in Shaun's car.

The boys walked for a while and they still couldn't find a quiet place to stay. Yongrae started to feel tired from all that walking without a destination.

"Do you even know where we are going?"- asked Yongrae.

"I told you, somewhere quiet."- replied Shaun.

"We should have taken the bus."- said Yongrae.

"Are you already tired, mister soldier?"- said Shaun, and Yongrae lowered his head.

After a while, Shaun saw from afar a place that looked like an abandoned castle and pointed towards it.

"Look at that place there."- said Shaun to Yongrae, "The one covered in green."

"That place that looks like an abandoned house?"- asked Yongrae, surprised.

"Yes, it's perfect!"- replied Shaun, "Come on, let's go there!"

They walked towards it, but Yongrae wasn't convinced by this place. The name of that place was Queen's café, and it was a two-floor villa that looked like a small castle. Around it was a garden surrounded by a wall.

"Queen's café, very interesting name!"- said Shaun as he was looking at the front door from outside.

"Looks like the kingdom has fallen!"- said Yongrae ironically.

They entered the garden by opening the metallic door outside. There were some old tables and some rusty chairs, the place seemed empty. The boys walked towards the villa and they went up the stairs to enter inside the café. At the inside door, there was a job poster and from there the tables inside seemed empty.

"Look at that, they are hiring!"- said Yongrae to Shaun, "I mean, how would work here?"

"Probably some weirdo."- replied Shaun, "Anyway I need to go to the bathroom to fix my hair, go take a seat and I'll be there in a minute."

Yongrae nodded and entered inside the café while Shaun went into the bathroom. As soon as he entered there, he immediately regretted choosing this place. There in the bathroom, Shaun saw a spider web hanging above his head as he was fixing his hair and started screaming in fear since he hates bugs.

Yongrae seated inside and saw an old man from the other side seated alone. At the main desk, there were some sweets and cake slices that looked delicious. Suddenly a waitress with short black hair showed up with a tray and went towards the old man. She served him a cup of coffee. When she placed the cup on the table, Yongrae saw her profile and immediately felt attracted to it. She turned back and looked in Yongrae's direction.

The waitress fixed her hair back and started to walk toward him. Her walk felt like it was in slow motion for Yongrae who was looking at her with heart eyes.

At that moment Shaun entered the café terrified and looked for Yongrae. He saw him and went towards the table.

"Bro I almost got killed by a spider in the bathroom!"- said Shaun, still in shock from the close encounter with the spider's web. Yongrae didn't even notice him coming since he was looking at the pretty waitress and was crushing at her while smiling with himself.

"Hey, Yongrae... do you hear me?"- asked Shaun since Yongrae was not responding to him, "hey bro who got you smiling like that, like...?"

As she was getting closer, Yongae looked away embarrassed, and noticed Shaun there.

"I was looking at those cakes there!"- replied Yongrae, surprised.

"Hello, what can I get you guys?"- asked the waitress.