Chapter 90

That night, Kangdae along with his in-laws sat in their living room. Grandma Shin was worried about her grandkid's future and proposed that they could sell the business in order to get the amount of money that Yongrae needed to start the company.

"Mother please wait for a little more!"- said Kangdae, concerned, "Let's give Yongrae a couple more days..."

"We don't have much time..."- replied Grandma Shin.

"Then let's put the business up for sale tomorrow..."- said grandpa Shin.

"Are you sure about this?"- said Kangdae, worried.

"We don't have any other choice!"- replied grandma Shin, "Sungjin told me that Yongrae needs about 3 billion won and this business can be sold for around that price..."

"Unfortunately no one will invest in Yongrae's company..."- continued grandma Shin, "We are his last hope..."

The next morning Yongrae went to work as usual. He kept himself together so that it wouldn't affect the work and the shift continued without problems. He and Sungjin exchanged some sad looks and not much interaction. Grandma Shin kept an eye on him as well and when he was about to leave she called him and they sat together outside.

"How are you today?"- she asked, "How do you feel?"

"It's tough but I can't give up now..."- replied Yongrae, sadly.

"Sungjin told us what happened..."- she said, "I'm sorry for that!"

"It's okay grandma..."- replied Yongrae.

"Yongrae keep trying!"- said grandma Shin to him with determination, "You never know from where the money might arrive..."

"God works in mysterious ways!"- continued grandma Shin.

"Don't worry grandma, I won't give up yet!"- replied Yongrae with a forced smile.

Then Yongrae left and Sungjin as well, and in Queen's café, two men dressed in suits came and met with grandma and grandpa Shin.

The next day, Yongrae came to work early since he couldn't stay inside his house and saw the two men in suits from the day before, talking with grandma Shin. He was surprised to see them and went over to Sungjin to ask him who they were.

"Good morning Sungjin!"- said Yongrae, "Who are these men over there with grandma?"

"Hello Yongrae!"- replied Sungjin, "Those guys are real estate agents..."

"What are they doing here!?"- asked Yongrae, surprised.

"Grandma is selling the business to fund your company!"- replied Sungjin.

Yongrae remained shocked from what he heard and went over to grandma Shin and the real estate agents.

"Grandma what is going on here!?"- said Yongrae, interrupting them.

"Yongrae!"- replied grandma Shin, surprised to see him.

"I'm sorry but I can't watch you desperate like that anymore..."- said grandma Shin, "I want to help you out to save Kwon from that bad deal..."

"Grandma you don't have to do this!"- replied Yongrae, concerned.

"I and grandpa have already decided Yongrae..."- she responded, "We are selling the business and investing in your company!"

Yongrae looked at her sadly and didn't answer. He left them talking and went back to work.

"Miss Shin, the paperwork will take a couple of days to be ready..."- said one of the agents, "We'll meet again very soon to complete the acquisition..."

Then the work continued as normal and Yongrae ended his shift. He went into his apartment and lay down on his bed.

"I can't let things end like this!"- he thought, "Not after all we've been through with Queens café..."

Yongrae was very regretful that things were going this way for him and the people around him but at that moment he couldn't do anything for them. The next day he went to work as usual and after finishing his shift he went home. He lied in his bed and stayed there without moving in silence. His phone rang and it was an unknown number that was calling him. He didn't want to answer the phone but the words of grandma Shin came to his mind that 'God works in mysterious ways' and answered the phone.

"Hello, who is this?"- said Yongrae on the phone.

"Hey Yongrae, it's dad!"- replied Oliver.

"Dad!?"- Yongrae responded surprised.

"What are you doing now?"- asked Oliver, "Are you free because I want to meet with you..."

"I want to talk to you about something..."- said Oliver.