Chapter 39

"Thank you so much!"- said Yongrae to the manager of the first restaurant while shaking his hand, "These are for free from our patisserie."

"Now as we decided we will have in our contract a new price for the cakes."- said Yongrae to the manager of the second restaurant, "And an increased number of them sold to you every day for fifteen percent off."

"Our condition was for you guys to put our promotional poster in here."- said Yongrae to the manager of the third restaurant, "And give customers the goods for free with our business card."

"Again thank you so much sir!"- said Yongrae to the manager of the fourth restaurant. "It's a pleasure to make business with you."

After rearranging the deals with the restaurants that sell cakes too, Yongrae went back to Queen's café. From outside he saw grandpa Shin and Kwon lifting a big umbrella.

"Grandpa Shin let me help you."- said Yongrae and took his place in lifting the umbrella.

Then, he and Kwon placed the umbrellas on each table and fixed their position.

"Yongrae what are we going to do with that telephone booth?"- asked grandpa Shin.

"We will place it at the front door so that people can take photos there."- responded Yongrae.

"Why would people take photos there?"- asked Kwon, confused by Yongrae's answer.

"Because we will repost them and they will feel special..."- responded Yongrae, "Also that's how you grow followers..."

"Anyway, we should prepare the videos for social media now."- said Yongrae

"How are we going to do that?"- asked Kwon.

"Don't worry, I have already thought about that."- responded Yongrae with confidence, "I have opened an account in the most important social media for Queen's café."

Then Yongrae started filming with his phone from outside, entering inside and going into the kitchen, where grandma Shin was baking sweets.

"What are you cooking grandma Shin?"- asked Yongrae while filming her, "It smells so good from here..."

"I'm making the Queen's cake."- responded grandma Shin to the camera.

"How do you do that?"- asked Yongrae, "What is the recipe?"

"Yongrae if I tell you the recipe, will people make it in their houses and not come here?"- asked grandma Shin, confused.

"Don't worry grandma, the recipe is already online."- replied Yongrae while laughing, "But people don't have time to make it so they will come here to eat it."

Then Yongrae started filming again with grandma Shin and prepared a couple of videos to post on Queen's café social media.

"Grandma Shin, I will make you an online star!"- said Yongrae to her.

After that Yongrae asked Kwon to bring her laptop because he needed it to prepare for the promotions. Kwon went to her room and brought it to him.

"Thanks for the laptop Kwon!"- said Yongrae, "Now we will make some online promotions."

"How will you do that?"- asked Kwon and then sat next to him.

"That's easy..."- replied Yongrae, "I just need to put ads on social media and target them properly."

"What are you talking about?"- asked Kwon, confused by his answer.

"Look, I can choose the place where this ad will appear and also who will see it."- replied Yongrae while typing on the laptop.

"Then target everybody."- said Kwon.

"I can't do that."- responded Yongrae, "What I'll do instead is target all the schools, restaurants, and old people that have social media."

"These are our customers."- continued Yongare, "Also foreigners who come to visit Korea and Seoul for tourism purposes."

"What about the people in the middle?"- asked Kwon.

"Those people don't have time to go to cafés because they are working."- responded Yongrae, "The marketing to those people will be made by their family members that will come here."

"So the kids or parents of working people will involuntarily make publicity for us?"- asked Kwon, "I guess by asking them to buy something from here right?"

"That's right Kwon!"- responded Yongrae, "Nobody makes this type of cake here in Korea so it's something unique and tasty."

"They will come to buy here, don't worry."- said Yongrae to her with confidence, "The younger people who don't have time to cook and want a snack or the old who want a quiet place to spend some time so..."

After a few minutes of typing, Yongrae stopped and sighed in relief.

"Okay, we are done with the ads!"- said Yongrae.

"What now?"- asked Kwon.

"Let me think..."- responded Yongrae, "We cleared the grass, we painted the walls and the chairs, we decorated, we added some things to the menu..."

"The contract with the restaurants."- continued Kwon, "The umbrellas for the tables outside and the telephone booth."

"Now all that is left is to ask my famous friend Shaun to make some posts for this place."- said Yongrae, "And after that to invite some influencers to review our place."

"Won't those people charge a lot of money to promote?"- asked Kwon.

"Yes they usually do but I'm not talking about idols here, or actors."- responded Yongare, "I will ask small online creators, bloggers, etc..."

"Why them, isn't it better than the famous ones?"- asked Kwon.

"In our case no, because small creators have a loyal following and high engagement mostly in Korea."- responded Yongrae, "And those people follow them not because they are famous but because they believe and respect their opinion and content."

"Now that I think about it, it makes sense."- said Kwon.

"Anyway tonight we should go and spread the empty boxes..."- said Yongare, "Then, we have the big opening to prepare!"