Chapter 7: Sports festival

.... . .-.. .-.. ---

(A/N: Really sorry this took so long to update and that I haven't been updating very much lately. I've been stuck in my head and overthinking everything. I hope you enjoy!)

The gates opened and I made it my way past everyone by jumping on the narrow walls. As I reached the exit, the doorway froze over and through the thick ice, I could see Shoto smiling at me with Bakugou next to him.

"WOW, LOOK AT THAT! SHOTO TODOROKI FROZE OVER THE ENTRYWAY TO THE OBSTACLE COURSE!" Present Mic announced much to the annoyance of Aizawa.

I hit my gauntlets together and sharp, pointed shields came out as I punched my way through the ice. It easily broke under my punches and shattered to pieces by the third punch, leaving a shocked Shoto who was running down the course.

"AND MURA EASILY BROKE THROUGH LIKE IT WAS NOTHING! WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING THESE KIDS, ERASER?!"

"I'm not teaching them anything. This is what they've learned for themselves."

"YOU HEAR THAT FOLKS?! ERASER IS A TERRIBLE TEACHER!" Mic was then hit over the head by an even more annoyed Aizawa.

Landing on the ground, I immediately broke into a sprint and quickly passed both Shoto and Katsuki, leaving them in the dust.

——

No one POV

A man with a steely, focused look watched the race. He had a single sword on his hip and a scar on his face. He kept his eye on the screen as the race played. He noticed someone come up behind him. "What is it, Endeavor?"

"Why are you here?" The hero grumbled out.

"I am allowed to see the sports festival if I wish. There are no rules saying I can't."

The hero glared at the man. "You're a villain. You should be arrested."

"I've broken no laws. Your brother sought the sword knowing full well of the curse. My job is to stop those foolish enough to seek it out and take it. Your brother's death is on him."

The hero stood there with one desire. To burn the person in front of him to a crisp but he knew he couldn't. He walked away, grumbling to himself.

——

Izuku had just arrived at the first obstacle and was easily avoiding all of the robots. He quickly passed them and was still in first by a large margin.

Arriving at the second obstacle, he jumped over the pit to the different platforms and quickly got through.

The third obstacle wasn't of much note. Izuku just charged through, taking the explosions like they were nothing.

"In first place, we have Mura!" Midnight announced. The crowd was mostly silent. Many of the observers weren't too keen on cheering for a vigilante.

——

Izuku POV

After the second round was over, all of the teams gathered around the stage Midnight was standing on. "The teams going on in the event are team Mura, team Shinso, team Katsumi and team Katsuki! Now we'll take a break for lunch!"

Everyone was headed to the lunchroom to eat before the final round. As I was walking, I was stopped by Izumi, which surprised me. She wanted to talk to me in private. I went with her, wondering what she wanted.

We were at one of the side entrances and she was fiddling with her fingers, nervous. "U-uh, M-Mura?"

"Yes?"