Chapter VII

Comments are nice, please do that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Passing between dimensions felt like walking through water. One moment, they were in the Snowpeak Region, and then the next, they're in a dark snowy mountain region.

"So this is Midnight Mountain," Link muttered as he looked around. "Yes, the coldest region in the Twilight Realm," Marco said as he shivered a little. "Here," Midna said as she casted a warming spell around them. "Top notched casting as always," Marco commented.

"Thanks, its what I do best. Now come on, boys, I don't want to be sleeping in the cold," Midna said as she started walking. "Agreed," both males said and followed after the retreating princess.

"So, how far is it from here to the palace?" Link asked. "About a day's journey," Marco answered. "Seriously? You can't just teleport there?" Link asked. "Oh, if only it was that easy. But since Elder Gonzo isn't with us, we are not able to teleport," Marco said.

"And who is Gonzo?" Link asked. "Gonzo is part of my father's council, and the less senile of them all. he's also head of magic," Midna replied. "I take it the council is a bit corrupted?" Link asked. "As corrupt as Ganondorf," Midna conferred.

Link laughed, "Well, let's get going. I want to meet this council," he said. "I bet the council will get a kick out of that," Marco commented. Midna laughed, "Yeah, the last member of the Noctra clan shows up and the council dies of a heart attack. it would be a happy day," she said. "Agreed!" Marco exclaimed.

The two childhood friends shared a laugh and Link couldn't help, but feel like a third wheel. They were obviously very close, so who was he to stand in the way of Midna's happiness? Granted, he wanted Midna to be happy with him, but he could never do something like that. He was a hero, and (practically) a god. He just couldn't do it.

But then again, Marco did say that they were childhood friends and that was it. But Midna looked so happy. It was heartbreaking that he wasn't the cause of her beautiful smile.

Link shook his head, dismissing the thought.

"Link, are you listening?" Midna asked for the tenth time. "What? Sorry, I was spacing out," Link apologized. Midna sighed, "As I was saying, I think it would be best if you entered the palace in your wolf form," she said.

"Why? I am a Twili now," Link pointed out. "Where you are correct, Lord Geruoa, we don't know how the council will react to seeing an unknown Twili entering with the Twilight Princess and me," Marco said. "Ah. Okay, I see your reasoning," Link said with a nod.

Marco nodded, "We better get off Midnight Mountain before a storm kicks up," he said. "You forget, Marco, we have the lord of Midnight Mountain with us," Midna commented.

"Umm...not to burst your bubbles, but I don't really know how to control anything," Link said sheepishly. "I'm sure it will come natural to you, Link," Midna said. "Okay, if you think so," Link said. "I trust you, Link. You've never let me down before," Midna said.

Link blushed a little and looked away. "Thanks," he muttered. Midna smiled, "Now, let's get moving. We're wasting daylight, people," she said as she walked away. "Wait, how does she know it's daytime?" Link asked confused.

"You'll get used to it," Marco promised as he followed his childhood friend. "Oh," Link muttered as he followed the two.

~Hours later~

"Let's stop here for tonight," Midna suggested as they reached a cave. "Good idea, Midna," Link agreed.

The trio entered the cave and Marco instantly collapsed. "I'm not used to all this walking," he moaned. Midna rolled her eyes, "You really need to get out more, Marco," she said. Marco laughed bitterly, "Yeah right, as if the council would let me, of all people, just walk around unguarded," he said.