Chapter 6 [Heather]

"But..." I gestured for him to stop and he did. I sighed. Finally, some peace.

"Elder, don't you want to take a bite?" I showed him a roasted pig leg. He looked at me for a moment, staring at he food. Is he hesitating or something? What happened when I was out for those three days?

"Hmm... You need it more than I do, mortal." He responded and laid on the bed again. Was he sleeping?

I looked at Adam and he had a straight look plastered on his face. He's not even a bit concerned. Hah... It's so hard when other people gets involved, it's so hard to read them, sometimes. It's annoying. I don't know if I could trust him or not. I still can't shake off the feeling of him being Bella's spy. Its probability is literally over a hundred. He was that loyal to her in the game. He won't even smile for other people except for the heroine.

"Should we leave after this, milady?" Adam consulted, looking directly into my eyes. I looked back at my food.

I cleared my throat. "Yes, we must. We only have a few days left. We must return before the end of the month." I've been eating meat nonstop. I feel like I'm filled with fat and cholesterol now. I sighed.

A person who thinks too much.

That's me.

I shouldn't overthink or everything will be spilled and overflow.

"Milady, are you alright?" I turned to Adam. I gave him the "what?" look. "You've been spacing out. That asked you a question." Adam said, pointing at Elder. Did... Did you just call Elder "THAT"?! You really have a death wish, Adam! I never knew you were suicidal. I guess everyone is depressed on their own ways.

"Mortal." I snapped back in reality when I heard Elder call out to me.

"Oh, yes?" I placed my utensils down as I chew the last but of my food.

"Are you ready to face him?" Elder inquired, worry was visible in his voice.

"Pardon?" He caught me off guard. Well, my dad used to say: The time will come when you have to face your greatest fears and enemies. You don't run away, either you are the victor or something he loser, you will learn something. Something more important than success and failure. Experience is the best teacher.

I smiled at him, proudly. "Yes. Yes, I am." I could feel positive energy radiating from him. We must be connected somehow. Was it because I have his essence now?

"Alright, then. There's only one thing to persuade him." I listened to Elder's words, carefully. "Just prove that you are his equal. You don't necessarily have to be stronger. You just need to prove that you are worthy of him." Okay, that's actually a great advice. But, how is this credible and how does Elder know this? Like, do Elder and Darius acquainted with each other.

I'm sure that I haven't heard it somewhere, neither in the game nor head cannons. Not even in the fanon not any of the fanfictions. Well, Darius don't even exist to many since the Lady of Resilience got banned for plagiarism.

I shook my head. No time to think about these kind of things now. We're already on our way to him, I just need to trust Elder on this one. "Thank you for that great advice, Elder. I shall heed to it." He nodded in response.

"Shall we bid the people who helped us goodbye?" They both agreed. "Then, lead the way." I told them both, mostly Adam.

Elder appeared to be invisible to other humans. Only I and Adam can see him. Should I have let him be invisible to Adam as well? Oh, wait. This is a food chance. I'll let Adam jeep this secret before I reveal that I had conquered the essence. That way, I'll know whether he was a soy or not. Heh! Geez, I'm so smart for my own good.