Chapter 40 [Heather]

I sat, comfortable, knowing that there are people who might be on my side.

Even so, why is Duchess Ramona wearing a red cape? I'm wearing an elegant dress and everyone has a problem, but if it's someone else, wearing a cape, it's okay?

Oh, well... She is a duchess, so.

I looked in front of me and all eyes were on me. So malicious. So distasteful.

"Lady Heather, why did you bring your cats? What if they have lice?  We'll be infected!" They don't seem to be under Bella's spell, yet. So, they are against me, either way. 

The other noblewomen also started to chat with each other about the topic.

They all seemed to gang on in me and I don't even know any of them.

I was about to retort when Marquis Maude came to the rescue.

"Nonsense. They are obviously cats that are meant to be pets. They won't have any lice since they have been taken care from the pet shops they were from." Marquis Maude "They're beautiful." She added, petting Keir.

"I like them, too." Duchess Ramona seconded, petting the black cat, as well.

"I love their eye colors." Countess Nala complimented, picking up Darius.

"Thank you." I said, tucking my hair behind my ear. They're not really mine and they're not really cats, either.

I heard Bella clocked her tongue but it seemed like everyone dismissed that.

"Anyway! Shall we start?" She asked and everyone agreed.

"Yes. What do you have for us, today, Lady Bella?" One of the girls consulted.

"It's a tea that I have brewed myself. I mixed in some honey and milk for a sweeter and creamier taste, also some flowery fragrance for the scent." So, this is a tea tasting kind of event. There are times where a noble would invite other nobles to taste the drinks and snacks they made themselves and become the diamond of the season or of the month. It something like that.

"Wow."

"Hmm..."

"I don't really like sweets, but I shall try it for Lady Bella over here." Marquis Maude said.

"Why, thank you, Marquis. It is a great honor." Bella's bowed her head.

Marquis Maude... From what I know, she have a man's title which is the "marquis"  and that it was her husband who took her surname after marriage.

"What do you think of it, sister?" Bella asked, smirking. Is this her way of earning more supporters? If I debate with her now, they'll find me indecent, for sure. Let's go along with the flow on this one.

"As expected of sister, you might be a genius." I beamed, complementing her work.

"My, what kind words from you sister." She smiled back.

Fake.

That's probably what everyone thought.

Awkward silence, then, filled the room.

"Lady Bella, I heard that you have a surprise guest for us." A woman asserted. Who is she taking about? Could it be Rowan?

"Oh, yes. I'll get him in a second." Bella immediately stood up from her dear and sprinted out.

Bella went back with Cron Prince beside her, Adam was also following behind them. Their eyes were exactly the same as Beatrice's. Even Rowan had a hard time walking on his own, while Adam was walking as straight as a wall.