Chapter 36 [Heather]

"Thea, how long have I rested?" I asked her, who was sitting beside me.

"For three days, my lady?" What?! Bella's tea party is in two days time and I still have lots to do.

"What time was it?" I inquired Thea.

"Three in the afternoon, my lady." She responded.

"Alright, we still have lots of time. We just have to help them rebuild the village and give some charity." I inhaled. We could do it, right? "Thea, please do a consensus on how mang families have lost their families and homes." I told her. It'll become easy to know what their needs are. Let it be money, shelter, or food. Or, maybe a cemetery to burry their deceased families and friends.

"As you wish, my lady." She bowed and immediately disappeared from the inn. So competent, just like always. Nothing's changed, huh?

I'm glad Thea's doing well. She was having a mental breakdown while telling me about her past.

"Where is Keir, by the way?" I consulted Darius.

"Hiding. He always does whenever he messed things up." Darius stated. He didn't have to insult him like that. I know that Keir wasn't able to protect his last lover, but I think that insulting him like that is too much.

"I need to find him." I told him.

"He's probably in somewhere dark and cold." He said. In the end, he's going to give me some kind of clue.

I smiled. "Thanks, Dar." He frowned at the nickname. I chuckled, quietly. It makes me wanna tease him, even more.

I started to look for Keir. I actually don't know where the place Darius described because it could be anywhere in this village.

Hmm... Dark and cold... Wherever could that be?

Oh! I think I have an idea. I hope he's there.

I walked to the church.

As I entered it, I felt my chills all over my body. This place is scary for a church. It gives me goosebumps.

"Keir, are you here?" My voice echoed around the hollow and vast church. It was ghost-quiet and was darker than night.

"Yes, lady." Keir suddenly answered back. His red eyes were glowing in the dark.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, he was kneeling on the floor, his hands were dripping with blood. Oh... Some of them were still here.

"Yes, I'm just making sure none of them were left." Keir told me.

"Did you... Kill them?" I asked. He was so adamant on not killing any humans. I wonder why.

"I had no choice. They took some of the villagers in captive. I let some of them die, thinking that they wouldn't actually kill them." He bit his lip, trying to conceal a sob.

"Guilt must be eating you, but you had to make a decision sometime, somehow." I presumed. Somehow, I know how he's feeling.

"I know... I just thought that I could change their minds after I took them out of the God of Curses' influence. But, they weren't. They were doing it in their own accord. They killed people because they wanted to not because they were tasked to." He had some really high regards of humans.

"I didn't know that mortals would do that. A human was a reason I'm alive today, since I was hunted before. I just wanted to protect all of the mortals, in order to honor her." I see... So, he was saved by a human awwand wanted to repay his kindness. That's actually sweet of him.