Chapter 8: Demigod of the Sun Trials [Heather]

"Darius! Enough!" Elder yelled and Darius snapped his head towards him.

No. I have to win this trial. I wiped the blood and sweat that were dripping all over me.

"Darius. We've seen enough. The trial ends here." Elder flapped his wings and soared towards the demigod.

"You don't tell me what to do, to traitor!" Darius yelled back. Wait, what now? Traitor? What's happening?

I panted on the ground. Adam approached me with a glass of water in hand. I drank all of it in one gulp.

The Fairy Queen flew near them. The three of them were now discussing about us.

"I agree with Elder on this one, my king. You might kill her." The Fairy Queen insisted with a worried look on her face.

"So, what? They've wronged us first." Darius argued, referring to the to war.

"Even so, we are all creations of the celestials. We must respect each other. She has challenge you with an honest heart. You must repay her with one as well." She explained to him. This fairy has such wonderful way of words.

"You are still too naive for this world, boy." Elder told him. Pfft. He's called Elder for a reason, Darius.

"What's so funny? Is this amusing to you, huh?!" I closed my mouth and looked away.

"I do not care what you think of me. The trial ends here and that's final." Elder ordered and Darius glared at him.

In the end, he complied, anyway.

"Alright, fine." Darius groaned in defeat.

Here it is. I inhaled sharply. Please let me pass. Please let me pass. For Christ's sake, my life depends on this. "Alright, I accept your proposal." I sighed in relief. "However..." Ugh... I could feel the heaviness on my expression. "I have one condition." Oh, wait. I know about this. This was in the game, Lady of Resilience.

His condition was that he wanted to eliminate the imperial family and their descendants.

"Have my children." My smile faded, and was replaced with shock and grimace.

WHAT NOW?!

I chuckled nervously. "You have a weird sense of humor..."

"Who said I was joking around?" Huh?! He was serious.

Then, "I'll find you a perfect bride once we arrive in the capital."

"No." He asserted, clicking his tongue.

"Pardon?" I tilted my head. What else does he want?

"You." He pointed at me. "I want you to be the my bride." I blinked once, twice, and a few more times. Ah! God, nevermind, even if I won't be able to go back home, I'd be overjoyed to dig my own grave.

"Me? Why me? There's a lot of other noblewomen out there, with higher status and better bodies. You should reconsider." I raised my voice quite a bit.

"But, they loathe me, just as I loathe them." He reasoned out, a good one at that. Humans are truly barbaric, sometimes... Maybe most of the time.

"Then..." I trailed off. I can't be his bride. I'm no good in that area.

"You're going to freed, didn't you." I nodded.

"Why, yes."

"So, you have no intention of killing me." He shrugged. Why would I even travel from a faraway land for a month just to do that? I mean, maybe there are people who would do that, plenty, actually but that's not the reason why I'm here.