Chapter 10

(Please listen to the song attached above to feel this chapter.)

It was Saturday but Ekaris had to leave early for an important meeting. He said it couldn't wait because it's for the launching of their new product in different branch of their company. They were expanding and trying to invest in different technology-related business which is the production of automobiles. I can even hear him talking with his automotive engineers for this. It may not be in his main building because they only specialize internet-based works like making more social media applications, web servers, cyberspace, and anything related to it in there, I am sure this new business from him will boom like a flower. Their intelligence in advance technology will surely let them catch up with the other famous car brands.

Syempre supportive ako dahil asawa ko 'yan.

Nang mag-lunch ay nagtext ako sa kan'ya para ipaalalang kainin ang baon niya. If he's busy, he might not have enough time to deliver for a take out. Ayokong malipasan siya ng gutom.

Kakatapos ko lang din kumain nang tumawag sa akin si dad.

"Dad?" ani ko nang sagutin ang tawag.

"Princess, how are you?" tanong niya.

I smiled at his question. Dad is very likely to be this random, and I'm used to it. He calls me out of nowhere to check on me or randomly sends me a message to remind me to have a great day ahead. He's never been really vocal with his love for me. He doesn't show physical affection like the other dads out there, but he cares. He do care and he loves me. Sadyang hindi lang siya showy at hindi niya alam kung paano ipakita sa akin ang pagmamahal niya.

That's why I somehow get his point of wanting me to marry Ekaris. I know it hurts him to see me in the middle of everyone's hatred and insults. He knew it better than anyone else that I am not any of those names they call me, and that hurts him big time as my father.

"I'm okay, dad. Don't worry about me."

"I'm not worrying. I know you're in good hands. I just want to check on you."

Mahina akong natawa. "Ikaw ba? Kumusta ka? Are you stressing yourself too much with the business now that I'm not your stressor anymore?" pabiro kong tanong.

"I've been telling you that I'll be retiring so you have to take over, but you keep on running away from the responsibility," sagot niya.

Natahimik naman ako dahil doon. That fate has been carved on my hands since before. It was long overdue and I know I have to face it anytime soon. But the image of my mother and twin's death still haunts me sometimes. And I can't help but blame myself and my obsession for office works for it. I would've have been there with them if I joined them in their trip. Maybe I'll be able to save them.

But who was I kidding? A little girl like me could not do anything about it but might just die along with them.

And it would make dad go insane.

"But it's okay. I'll let you enjoy your married life first. Kukulitin na lang kita ulit kapag nakapag-adjust ka na sa buhay mo ngayon," aniya. "Anyways, how's Ekaris as a husband?"

I know he was just trying not to spoil the mood so he changed the topic, and I actually appreciate it.

"He's nice, dad," sagot ko. "He's sweet, understanding, and caring. He really is a good man. No wonder why girls are going crazy over him." I rolled my eyes at my words.

"Girls like him for his looks, and you are lucky enough to get to know him well and like him for being the person more than just his physical appearance."