Chapter 4

Aretha's POV

Aretha's POV

'well, this is awkward.'

That's what crossed my mind as we sat there in silence.

Athy is beside me, her hands holding mine, feeling uncomfortable at the atmosphere in the room.

Claude is sitting across from us, crossing one leg over the other as he placed his hands on his lap.

Behind him is Felix, he stood there as he kept his hands behind his back.

Between us is a table of sweets and tea, which I've been eyeing on for a while.

'Oh my god, it looks delicious.' I thought as I drooled over the sweets in front of me.

However, I suppress my desire to eat it.

Claude has his eyes fixed on us, not saying anything as he still holds an emotionless expression.

Athy didn't say anything either, avoiding his gaze whenever their eyes met.

While I maintain my calm as I forced myself to look at him.

'hey what's with this torturous tea party? Can I even call this tea party? This is ridiculous!' I complained to Athy.

'I know right. Why did he even called us here!' she responds.

"I didn't know you couldn't speak," he uttered.

"Well, this is boring." He added.

He rests his arm on the backrest of a couch, placed his hand under his chin, "not much of a talker?"

Does that mean...

He'll kill us because we're not entertaining?

I thought as I shift my attention to Athy, fixing our gaze to each other.

'seems like we have the same thought.'

I said to myself as I nod to her with a determined look.

She nods in understanding. I glanced at Claude as I began to speak with a smile, "Ari and Athy can talk."

Athy follows with a closed-eye smile with flowers blooming in the background.

"Finally, I get to hear your voice. Why did you guys stay silent until now?"

I just smiled at him, 'who would dare to speak when we were overwhelmed by your aura!'

Fortunately, Felix came to our rescue, "Pardon me, your majesty, but little girls around the princesses' age are known to be shy."

"Is that so?"

'Y-Yeah you jerk! Kids can be a bit shy! Even a grown up would fall silent in front of you...!' I heard Athy, as she unconsciously activated the mind link.