Chapter 5

Aretha's POV

Aretha's POV

"Lilian York, long time no see," Claude spoke, sitting on the throne as he rests his face on his hand.

'he does that a lot.' I noticed.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Obelian empire," Lily curtsied, lifting the hem of her dress, bending her knees with one foot in front of the other and bowed her head slightly.

Athy and I stood next to her, Athy being nervous as usual while I'm trying to stay awake.

'waking up in the morning sucks,' I grumbled.

I was interrupted in my sleep earlier, Lily said we had to meet the Emperor in the audience room.

'ugh! Seriously, why does he have to set it in the morning though. I'm still sleepy...' I thought, feeling annoyed.

"I haven't been able to pay enough attention to my daughters due to my duties at court." He stated.

"But still, Athanasia and Aretha have grown into healthy children. The credit belongs to you," He continued.

"Thank you, your majesty." Lily replied.

"However, from now on, I will be looking into the princesses' well being. There will be no need to worry." He declared, which left Lily and Athy surprised, except for me.

I expected this since it happened in the manhwa, I didn't know it will happen this soon though, on top of that, it actually happened in the morning!

'Hey did he smile? Did he just smile at me?' Athy asked me, perplexed.

'No, I'm pretty sure he smirked,' I replied.

'ugh, I wanna go back to my bed.' I thought.

"Starting today, princess Athanasia and princess Aretha will be treated as proper princesses," he declared and dismissed us after that.

'ugh, finally!' I thought as I followed them outside.

As soon as we arrived at the Ruby Palace, I ran into my room and plopped down the bed, continuing my sleep.

...

A few days passed and Claude keep inviting us to drink tea with him, although he's the only one drinking tea while the maids keep serving us milk.

Not that it matters, though.

"I think you got a bit chubbier since I last saw you," he commented.

'dude, we met 5 days ago, what is he talking about?' she said to me as an irked mark appeared on her face.

She ignored what he said and flashed a smile, "hehehe you look pretty too, papa!"