Side Story: Flower Crown

Somewhere in the royal palace, a red haired knight is currently accompanying a 7th year old princess with mismatched eyes, who is currently content on having an 'alone' time, ignoring the presence of his father's knight behind her.

After half an hour of doing nothing but laying on a grass covered by a picnic blanket, Aretha pushed her tiny body to sit, smelling the delicious smell of pastry baked by the maids for her.

Feeling her stomach growl, the young royal grabbed the picnic baskets containing the sweets, eager to taste it.

She closed her eyes in bliss as she chews the cookie.

Felix, the red haired knight, watched the princess eat with soft expression, also enjoying the peaceful silence enveloping the two.

"Do you want one, Felix?"

The subject in question parted his lips a little, slightly taken a back by her question.

He never thought the princess would talk to him, as from what he observed, the young royal is not the type to initiate a conversation with him.

Felix flashed her a charming smile, "Thank you for the offer, your highness."

"No biggie," She dismissed.

She took a step out of the picnic blanket, finding an interest on making a flower crown out of boredom.

She gathered a flower of blues, violets, and whites. She doesn't know the name of these flowers, however, she thinks they make a nice combination.

'This is therapeutic. Maybe I should do this again next time,' She thought, as she finished her craft.

She glanced at the flower crown in satisfaction, pleased with the outcome.

'I was right. It turned out pretty."

She picked up the crown gingerly, as she walks her way in the knight's direction.

Aretha signals Felix to bend down to her level.

Felix obliged, curiosity dancing in his eyes as he anticipates what the princess wants from him.

The young royal placed her flower crown on his head, stepping back after, to take a good look as she scans his appearance.

The princess' lips quirk up, "Beautiful. It suits you."

Aretha felt blessed to witness such a sight. She felt proud of herself for choosing those colors. The combination of blue, violet and white complement his soft, fluffy red hair. It suits him nicely.

Felix smiled in confusion, "uh, princess? What did I do to receive such a wonderful gift?"

The royal sighed, "Nothing. Take it as a thanks for accompanying me today. It looks pretty on you, by the way."

She said indifferently, walking past him as she plans to reunite with her beloved sister.

The knight felt flattered. He felt shy at the unexpected compliment from the princess, and felt incredibly grateful for a wholesome gift he received.

"Thank you, your highness. I would treasure this valuable you bestowed me with my whole life!" He emotionally said, passion dripping his voice as he followed the princess.

Aretha clicked her tongue, "no need to exaggerate, it's just a flower crown."

-

"Felix."

The aforementioned male, perked up at the sound of his name.

"Yes, your majesty?"

The emperor eyed the accessory placed on his knight's head, "why are you wearing that?"

The knight beamed at the question, "Princess Aretha made it for me! I was so happy, I guess I forgot to take it off."

Felix sheepishly rubbed his cheek, blissfully ignorant of the emperor's souring mood.

Later that day, Aretha was found making flower crowns again, this time with a frown, clearly displeased.

Forget it, I should never make flower crowns again.

-
A/N:

Hello! I'm sorry I took so long. I present you this chapter as an apology. Honestly, I haven't wrote a draft from chapter 9 yet, I'm really sorry guys. It slipped off my mind to give you an update, I'm really sorry for leaving you hanging😭 I hope you enjoy this side story. This time, I tried to write it in third person, what do you think?🥰