Chapter 18

#JAPHAN *.*

We all listened to the woman on the television screen talking.

"Twenty-two year old convict Jacob Kingston was released from HM Prison Belmarsh in London early yesterday morning." His picture was being displayed on the screen.

"He was sentenced to six years in prison for one count of rape and drugging, but was liberated two years early due to good behaviour. The judge had ruled out any..."

I stopped listening after that.
My breathing quickened and I could feel my heart speed up. I started panicking, I was even shaking a bit.

Phil grabbed the remote and shut off the tv, and Dan came and sat in front of me on his knees.

"Hey, (y/n), it's alright. Just look at me. You're alright. Nothing's going to happen to you." He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me, trying to calm me down. My vision was blurry from the tears, but I looked back at him.

"... Why? Why is he in London? ... Why is he being released?" I managed to choke out over the the sobs.

"I don't know, (y/n). I really don't know. But I do know that nothing is going to happen to you. I will not let him even come close to you. Me and Phil are here, you're going to be alright." Dan looked into my eyes.
I was still covering my mouth, so I just slowly nodded back at him.

"I'll go get you a glass of water." Phil said and stood up to go to the kitchen. Dan was still sat in front of me, now with his hands on my knees.

Phil came back in with a small glass of water, and held it out for me to take. I tried to lift up my arm to take it, but my hand was shaking too much. Dan took it from Phil and held it in his hand.

"Thank you." I whispered to Phil. He smiled at me.
"Don't worry about it." He leaned down and hugged me tightly then walked out, leaving Dan and me alone. After sitting in silence for a little, I spoke up.

"Ugh.. I'm sorry.." I wiped away some tears on my face. "I always feel like I'm being babied by you two." I looked down at the ground and placed my shaky hands on my legs.

"Not at all, (y/n). I'm happy to do it." He put his hand on mine and smiled up at me. With his other hand, he held the glass up to my lips for me to drink.

He put the glass down on the table and turned back to me.
"Have you calmed down a bit?" He looked up at me. I managed to stop shaking, and calmed my breathing.
"Yes, I think I'm alright now. Sorry for worrying you and Phil."

"No problem. Would you feel better staying here for the night?" He asked me.
"... Yes... I would. Thank you." I said quietly to him. He smiled, then helped me stand up.

Dan led the way up to the extra bedroom, then offered to go back to my place to get me some clothes. I sat on the bed facing away from the door.

I started to think about him. Jacob.

'Is that why I was feeling so uneasy earlier? Oh god, what if he was watching me?'

I got lost in my thoughts for a minute, then I heard the floor creak behind me. I quickly shot up from the bed and turned around.

"Hey hey, it's just me. Don't worry." Dan was standing in the doorway. I relaxed a little.
"Sorry, just a little tense I guess...." I scratched my arm awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it." Dan smiled and walked over to me. He handed me a pair of grey sweatpants and a long sleeved black shirt.
"Thank you.." I took the pile of clothes from him.