ɢᴏᴏᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 18; Y/n
SIX MONTHS
UNTIL THE
KIDNAPPING

A week had occurred since my rebirth. Everyday felt the same. The only thing I clung onto for that week was my plan. It came to me after slipping in the shower. It was the epitome of genius. I would simply escape.

I crafted a plan to get me out of this hellish hospital. My skin crawled with agitation. I felt claustrophobic, clawing like a panicked cat to get out of this place.

The plan rolled into place on Monday. Early that morning, when Tex had asked me like he always did if I would have dinner with my mother, I shrugged.

"Sure." The mumble slipped from my lips. The move was carefully orchestrated, spoken with such indifference that Tex didn't notice the smirk that tugged my lips up.

"What? Really?" He took a double take, blinking furiously. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, sure." I picked at my nails casually. "Tell  her I'll meet her at six. You can even join us."

"Oh, well alright." A bit dazed, he stumbled for the door. "I'll uh pick you up at six. I can take you to the dining room."

"Thanks, Tex." Sending him a wicked smile, I said. "I'll see you at six."

I spent the rest of the day preparing for the dinner. Going through the walk in closet set deep in my room, I let my fingers fall on the different clothes. Some material was rough, some soft, some crisp. I pulled out a satiny black dress, slipping it over my head.

Going to the jewelry box gifted to me the other day, I dug through it. Out came decadent black jewels. The shiny necklace draped around my collarbones, stones kissing me coldly.

I looked in the mirror again, as I did every day. Expertly, I applied my makeup. Glossed lips coupled with curled lashes, a touch of rouge on each cheek.

A knock came at my door, tapping delicately. Tex had arrived. He came through the door after I permitted him in. He was dressed sharply, wearing a dress shirt and pants. I had never seen a guy so dressed up before. His clothes had been neatly ironed, blond hair gelled down.

"You clean up nice." I remarked, standing from one of my new gifted lounges. "Look at you, Cowboy." Stepping toward him, I ruffled up his hair, getting rid of his slicked back look.

"Thanks." He smiled, offering his arm out to me. "You don't look too bad yourself." I linked up with him, allowing him to escort me down winding hallways. "Y/n?"

"Yes?" I replied in a cool manner, my heels clicking on the linoleum floor. His body was warm next to mine, wrapped up in his best clothes.

"I have to ask...what made you change your mind?"

"About what?"

"The dinner," He implored, taking me to an elevator. "Why did you accept the dinner invitation tonight?" My posture straightened, ready with my answer. Everything was going swimmingly.

"I saw it as a change of pace. I've been eating alone for almost a month." I fluttered my eyelashes at him with a false innocence. "It gets lonely." Tex leaned forward to click on one of the eleveator buttons. "I'm not going to talk to her if I don't want to. I just want to eat with someone besides myself."

"Oh, well I guess that makes sense." His voice twanged with that thick southern tone. He stepped back, pressing his body against the back of the elevator.

My gaze fell on the all access card he had clipped to the side of his pants. It was always clipped there. I could have shot my hand out and snatched it right then and there but I restrained myself. This needed to marinate. Trust took time. Especially since I had almost killed him.