ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ, ʙʀᴀᴡɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇᴘʜʏʀ

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 19; GALLY
SIX MONTHS
UNTIL THE
KIDNAPPING

"Hey." I sat myself on the bay windows cushions that lay beside it. Directly across from me was a mousy brown haired girl. Zephyr leered up at me, her face framed with reading glasses. She held an instructional book in her hands. It was black and titled with big block letters.

HOW TO KILL A MAN
200+ TECHNIQUES TO LEARN

"What?" She said frigidly. "What do you want?" Her pale skin shone in the light, freckles dotting her face. She wasn't going to react well from the message I had to deliver but it was better if I got it out of the way now. My stomach eased from its queasiness, tightening up.

"I can't say hi?" Waiting for her answer, I shoved my hands into my hoodie pockets.

"It's not against the rules." Zephyr adjusted her glasses that drooped to the bridge of her nose. "It's just annoyin'. Now what do you want?"

"You seem friendly today." I shot back, chewing on the spearmint gum in my mouth. "On your period or something?"

Then I was done for. Essentially shooting myself in the foot when it came to talking to girls. If there was one thing that y/n had taught me it was that she hated that phrase. I assumed Zephyr would too. That's the reason why I used it. To piss her the fuck off. It worked.

She snapped her book shut, eyes filled with fire. Zephyr took off her glasses, waving them at me sharply as she talked.

"Listen, I don't think you've got much up there in that thick skull of yours, but I don't like you." Her mouth pinched together, lips wrinkling with contempt. "I thought I made that clear. Looking at you makes me angry." Her voice rose in volume, making my blood boil. "You make me angry. You're the reason that everything's screwed up around here."

That phrase was the last straw.

"And you think that you don't make me angry?" I asked, my face heating up. "You hated me ever since I saw you. You never even gave me a fucking chance and you know what...all I came here to say is that the heist is tonight so I'm just gonna fucking leave."

"The heist? Tonight? No. No. You're wrong." Zephyr shook her head, scrambling up to her feet to follow me as I stormed off. "That's next week, not this week."

"Well Lawrence moved it up to tonight, tough luck." Gruffly replying, I made it to my room, ready to slam the door behind her. "And I'm going with you and Marshall so go bitch to him about it."

"Oh I will." She roughly seized my wrist, flipping me around. "And you're comin' with me." A quick as a crack of lightning she pulled me forward, causing me to stumble behind her.

"God, how are you so freakishly strong!"

"Shut up." She spat, jabbing me in the ribs with her elbow. I was dragged down the hallways like a dog on a leash. We only stopped when we made it to Lawrence's favorite room. Zephyr shoved me through the chipped door.

"Woah, you can't just do that!"

"I just did, you big baby." Zephyr closed the door behind us, marching up to Lawrence. He was sat in his armchair, talking idly with Marshall. They both sipped from comically tiny teacups.