ꜱʜᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴍᴀ

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 24; GALLY
SIX MONTHS
UNTIL THE
KIDNAPPING

"Fuck you!"

"Oh fuck me? Fuck you too!"

"You're fucking drunk, Marshall!" Zephyr's voice cut through the walls of her boyfriend's bedroom. "You promised! You promised me!"

"Yeah and all you do is fucking nag me! Nag! Nag! Nag!"

Over my almost month at Lawrence's crank manor I quickly learned a few things.

1. Get to the cafeteria first if you want to ever get out of there

2. Keep your hand on or near your gun when going out on the slum streets

3. Marshall and Zephyr were an absolute tornado of a couple

The pair made y/n and I seem like sweethearts. According to Dolly they weren't together all the time but when the two were they were good. They were really good.

Ever since the night of the heist they stuck together like a pair of high school steadies. It was almost disgusting. The way they mooned over each other.

As if at any moment they could be ripped apart by some unexplainable. Like they were each other's adrenaline rush. Always holding hands, always laughing over some private joke.

There were pet names and kisses in the corridors. Laughing and hugs in odd places. Giggles and creaky bed springs that came from Marshall's bedroom at night. We had thin walls. Either that or they were very loud.

I had since invested in headphones and a music player to drown them out. Lately nights had been filled with The Flamingos, Tyler, The Creator, and Current Joys.

"She's a monster in bed, Man." Marshall told me, showing off his back. Faint scratch marks lined his skin, easily healed in a day or two. Hickeys had been scattered across his body, sucked in numerous places.

That mostly made me feel alone. It reminded me that I slept alone each night. All by myself. It made me miss y/n and feel terribly guilty all over again. I thought of her a lot when Marshall and Zephyr were together.

How she looked almost beautiful when she maybe died. How when I laid on the lab floor, sprawled next to them, I saw their eyes, the last alive part of them dwindle.

Don't get me wrong. As obnoxious as Marshall and Zephyr's love could be sometimes, it helped me greatly. Especially with Zephyr. Since their coupling I observed her carefully. Miraculous little things began to show up in her daily routine.

She began to smile at me and say hi. Instead of her regular brutal reading material, I saw her thumbing through Huck Finn, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter. She had even let me borrow Harry Potter once she finished it. She painted her nails and wore dressier outfits.

However, Marshall didn't care what she wore. In my opinion he would've been head over heels with her wearing a garbage bag. He was in love. Very much in love.

It was as if she had spelled my best friend, dazzling him with every tiny thing she did. From the way she turned her chin to the way her hair flicked around as she moved.