self-sabotage.

They talked all day and night. They were close enough to be friends, but not enough to be labelled the best of friends. They'd talk about their experiences in life, and the amount of friend groups they've been shifting through as the time passed. The girl was in pain and in the process of recovering, scared that she was going to fall back into the state of being heartbroken, so she kept the boy at a distance. The boy however, found himself falling for the girl, being ignorant of the set boundary.

Why did he fall?

The thought of this would fill the girl's mind. She was overcome with anxiety, not wanting to bear the thought of having to reject him, or find out that his friends would then think differently of her as a result. She was too nice, she didn't want to be the bad guy, but for some reason every friendship had to come to this.

She often found herself seeking the aid of others, constantly asking them to ask the boy questions in her favor. Maybe that's what triggered it, she thought to herself, maybe if I didn't get the idea of liking me and him speaking his opinion of me in his head, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. She thought she sounded stupid, but her past traumas had subconciously led her up to this point.

She wanted to put the phone down, she wanted to forget that this ever happened, but oh the boy, that poor boy kept falling. He texted her constantly, moving each and every obstacle out of the way just to be able to talk to her. He'd sacrifice his time to talk to her, which made her confused.

Was he interested, or was he simply just like that?

At first she'd assume that he was just joking and messing with her, but he got serious.

But was it worth losing the friendship to simply just get to the point and let things fall in or out of place?

Her thoughts would keep her up at night, so much that she'd somethings even think that she might've been catching feelings as well. The only thing that opposed that thought was the fact that she didn't blush nor feel the butterflies flutter when they talked or spent time together outside. She closed her eyes and hoped that things wouldn't turn out the way they always had.

It's better to hope for the best than prepare for the worse.