4 am.

Sleepless nights became a routine. He'd find himself wasting away at his energy and rotting his eyesight, hardly blinking at the screen of his phone. His eyes would become awfully dry because of this, as a stinging sensation took over his vision. He shut his eyes tightly and pressed his head back onto the pillow, his left hand going limp with a loose grip on his phone, and his right forearm covering his eyes. He could feel as the tears formed to satisfy the desert his eyes had become, and slowly opened them again. Maybe it was the brightness of his phone that caused it, or simply because it was 4 am in the morning and he had no intentions in sleeping. He pondered as to why he was stuck on his phone all night, considering that he didn't even have anyone to text or call. He often scolded himself for staying up, and wanted to set up a reasonable sleeping schedule but his body resisted. If he were to close his eyes, he could still feel himself staring at the ceiling as if his eyes were open. The absence of vision made his other senses immensely prominent. He thought the silence was almost painfully deafening, and his head would spin. The time passed by quickly, noticing that he had just pulled an all-nighter. He tossed his phone aside and sat up with no will or motivation to remove himself from under the sheets. Slouched over, his posture was progressively worsening and he started to care less about how he looked when he walked about his household. He lived alone anyways, and there was no set foundation for his motives in life. He often wondered how he got there in the first place, but life seemed to have lost its meaning.