2. Reflex

On the same night, Minjeong couldn't stop herself for thinking about Jimin encounter with her at the café. How beautiful Jimin look even tho she only wear a one piece dress. How ethereal Jimin looks just with the light make up and how easy Jimin can talk to her.

While Minjeong can only keep her mouth shut, as she keep pushing her feelings deep inside for the older girl.

This 5 years crush of hers was really...

"Ning, why did she was there with you?", Minjeong asked thru the phone call as she lying her back down on her bed. Minjeong can hear that her friend was laughing thru the line, but it wasn't funny at all to Minjeong.

"Gosh, Jeongie. Calm down~ Jimin was Aeri bestfriend. That's why they were there together. I met Aeri while I'm on my way to your workplace, and she said she want to grab some drink. That's when I said that I have a friend working in a cafe nearby. She was there together with Jimin tho", Ning answered.

"But you bring her there to tease me, aren't you?"

"Yeah, why not? I like to see how flustered and red you become when you saw her. That's really funny!", Ningning keep laughing thru the call, and Minjeong was annoyed by that. She then end the call in a flash because what Ningning said was true.

It's a true fact that every time she saw Jimin, Minjeong couldn't help from become a fool. Embarrassed and fluttered by herself, while Jimin didn't even realize she exists (but now Jimin knows the younger girl exist). Also, there's another fact that Minjeong need to remind herself again and again.

Jimin has a boyfriend.

Jimin was in a relationship. Not a stable one, Minjeong bet. Since Jimin was her crush sonce high school, Minjeong knows a bit about the older girl current life. Not that she stalk her, but she heard the news from people.

In high school, Jimin has a girlfriend named Ryujin. Minjeong didn't know much that time but she once saw them kissing at the girls restroom. It sank her heart ofcourse but Minjeong tried to forget it. It's not like she'll make them apart and try to make Jimin hers.

Then college came, and surprisingly she saw Jimin with her boyfriend. Rumors said Jimin and Ryujin break up because Ryujin feels like she liked someone else, and Jimin back up for good.

Oh yeah, in college. Minjeong saw an unpleasant view again. She really, really, never stalking Jimin. It's just a coincidence, but really a bad coincidence. Minjeong once accidentally saw Jimin with her boyfriend at the most hidden corner of the campus library. They were kissing, but at the same time, their hands was everywhere.

Again for the second time witnessing Jimin with someone else making out, it's a pain in the heart.

But her feeling for Jimin never stop, nor that she wanna make Jimin hers.

It's all a one sided love, a crush, which Minjeong knew she didn't deserve the attention from Jimin.

But today, was the first time they've talked to each other like that. Minjeong was happy, but also trying to calm herself and trying to keep her cool. She need to keep the secret from Jimin or Jimin might look at her in different view.

As for now, they were just a friend (are they already became friend?) who studied in the same high school and college. But they're more likely a strangers who just met each other.

Maybe that for Jimin. Not for Minjeong.

"Gosh... now how am I suppose to walk peacefully at the college? Jimin might be watching me and suddenly talk to me"

"Can I hide just hide behind a tree?"

"Should I wear a mask?"

"Is a baseball cap necessary?"

"Maybe scarf should do?"

"Or should I cover myself in a hoodie?"

There's a lot inside Minjeong's head, and the thought of accidentally meeting Jimin at the college making her dizzy. She felt like she want to puke from the nervousness.

................................

Minjeong was at the college, like any other normal day. Walking towards her class while scrolling down her phone just to make her head looking downwards so people won't see her face. When she said 'people', that must definitely be Jimin.

All the thoughts of her clothing yesterday was pushed aside. Minjeong came to the college today with her normal clothing. White shirt with brown cardigan, and a plain black trousers. She didn't cover herself except the fake glasses she wear right now.

She guess that much will cover her identity? Not at all.

After her 2 hours class ended, Minjeong came out from the class but forgot to put her head downwards like before, and suddenly just 1 minute after she step out from her class, she was greeted by Jimin, who smiling so widely when she saw Minjeong.

"Oh--- Kim Minjeong! Hi! Thank god", Jimin waved her hands with her face form into a grin, and Minjeong hate that so much. She hate that she felt her heart beating two time faster and butterflies in her stomach make her feel sick. She hate this feelings.

"Hi, Jimin", Minjeong answered as timid as always. Jimin then suddenly walking towards her with her jumps and circling her arms around Minjeong's. Minjeong feels like chocking, she felt like she's out of breath, but she couldn't do anything about it. It was Jimin beside her.

"You have work today?", Jimin asked, suddenly being friendly. Minjeong didn't remember they were this close to cling arms together.

"No. Why?", Minjeong answered honestly.

"Can you help me? I mean, I have a favor", Jimin asked. Her bright face that she flashed to Minjeong just now turned a bit dark. Minjeong'm couldn't understand her sudden change in facial expression, but it was Jimin who ask for help. Minjeong didn't even dare to say no.

"What is it?"

"Can you accompany me to the hospital? My boyfriend is sick, and I have this kind of trauma with taxi. But I need to go right now!"

A relationship thing again. Why does Minjeong always encounter Jimin when she has something to do with her relationship. Her heart start to feel the pain again.

"Taxi?", Minjeong asked because she never know this fact. Jimin having a taxi trauma? Why? Since when?

"Yeah. I usually need to ride taxi with someone, so that I can calm myself down. But I don't know who to ride with right now---"

"Okay. I'll go with you", Minjeong just cut Jimin's word and don't want to argue much. Her heart ass telling her to go and help Jimin, be with her and spent time with her. Isn't that what crush likes to do?

"Really? Are you free right now?", Jimin ask again, just to make sure Minjeong can follow her for real. But then, Minjeong suddenly pulled the hem of Jimin sleeve (to shy to pull her hands or something) and walk away towards the main road.

"Let's just go...", Minjeong said.

________________________

TBC

is this story okay so far?? 🥲
i felt like my writing sucks...