9. Truth Untold

"Stop this bullshit!", Jimin said and Minjeong could see it even just from the back, that the older girl was trembling and shaking in fear.

Yeonjun was looking at Jimin, eyes shot blood. This sociopath mighy burder them infront of this people who is watching, and thanks god Ningning and Aeri arrived just in time.

"Minjeong!", Ning ran towards Minjeong without hesitation, while Aeri standing right beside Jimin. Now the Japanese was the one opening her arms wide infront of her bestfriend, protecting both Jimin and Minjeong.

"What the hell is this? A friendly act from all of you? Are you four were besfriend? Well, I'm not surprised~", Yeonjun smirk for the last time before he slowly walks away from the scene, but before he could disappear into thin air, suddenly Jimin shouting to him.

"I called the police!", she said but Yeonjun didn't flinch at all, still showing her his back only.

"And we break up! I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore!", she continued.

Minjeong lookes up towards her crush after she said that, mouth a bit agape. Minjeong couldn't see her face yet, but only god knows how happy Minjeong is to hear that from her mouth. It suddenly felt lighter on her chest, and a tear came down from her cheek without she even knowing about it.

"Is this... the end?"

Her now ex-boyfriend  tilted his head sideways  just to make the girls could clearly see his smirks. He didn't even hesitate and just walk away from the scene after what he had done. He didn't even care that people around them has evidence for what happened.

"Minjeong, why are you so stupid!", Ningning said as she held Minjeong inside her embrace. It's a pain, yet a happiness to Minjeong.

"Ning... my arm broke. Calm down...", Minjeong smiled a lil as the corner of her mouth slightly bleeding.

Still, Minjeong can only see Jimin from her back. The older girl didn't even turn over towards her.

"Jimin, let's get out from here...", Aeri said as she circling her arms gently around Jimin's shoulder. Aeri and Jimin slowly making their way out from the crowd after Aeri giving Ning a sign that she'll contact both of them later.

"Ning, wha---"

"Shut up until the ambulance arrive! You always make your own decision before talking to us. Now look whay happened to you!", she get a mouthful from Ning, but that's not what she cared about right now.

She was curious. Why did the crowed suddenlu gasped when they saw Jimin? Why Jimin didn't even bother to say a words to her, nor facing her a second? And why did Aeri drag her out?

"What happened to Jimin...", Minjeong asked to Ning, and the Chinese could only sighing heavily with the suffocating fact.

"Her beautiful face was gone", Ningning answered short.

"What do you mean?", and Minjeong asking for explaination.

"Her face. She's beaten up pretty bad...", Ningning answered, and Minjeong felt like her heart was shrinking.

..................................

Aeri came inside her bestfriend room to find Jimin covering herself inside the blanket. Aeri sighing for few times before take her seat at the corner of the bed, just right beside Jimin's hidden figure.

"You did a great job, pal", Aeri said as she trying to comfort the girl. She could her the sobs coming from inside the blanket, and that's when she knew the girl was crying.

"Do you wanna me to bring you to a counsellor? Or you wanna tell me something? As always, I can be your ears, Jimin", Aeri assuring her friends but the girl inside the blanket still trembling. Aeri don't know what to say anymore. She just stroking the figure for comforts.

"I feel bad, Aeri...", Jimin finally speaking, but her voice was so obvious that she was crying.

"I'll make sure he'll get into prison in no time. I'll make sure---"

"It's not that...", Jimin cut her off.

"Then, what?"

"I feel so bad towards you guys. I feel so bad abandoning you, my best friend. I feel so bad I didn't make effort to fight back before. I feel so stupid for dating a crazy sociopath. Minjeong was right about him... and I regret it...", Jimin words became heavier. Her chest suffocate a lot.

As much as she feels bad towards Aeri for not soending time with her for 3 months and a half, she felt much more guilty...

Towards Minjeong.

"I feel so guilty towards Minjeong. Just a month ago, I slapped her in the face saying that she talking bullshit about Yeonjun. She even said not to face her again if her words was true. I felt so ashame of myself. How can I face Minjeong after this after what I've done to her? She broke her arms because of me. She bled her face because of me. He chocked her because of me"

"Why did she need to do all of this for me, Aeri? Iy hurts like hell watching her like that, because of me"

Aeri sighing heavily. Maybe she should tell Jimin the truth because instead of blaming herself, Jimin need to know the truth that Minjeong did all of this willingly. It wasn't her fault at all.

"It wasn't you fault Jimin..."

"No! Aeri, no! I'm the one to blame. I make her life miserable!", Jimin finally pulled the blanket down and it was a really bad view for Aeri to see. Not because her friend was ugly, but its because the view also sufficating Aeri inside.

Left eyes swollen blue. Pinkish left cheek. A straight scar on her left cheek. Swollen lips, and dried blood at the corner of it. Pinkish neck.

"It wasn't your fault Jimin. Trust me!", Aeri holds both Jimins shoulder with her hands, looking straight into the girls reddening miserable eyes. Aeri eyes also became watery by the times.

It seriously a miserable view.

"Minjeong was---"

"Minjeong likes you, Jimin", Aeri stated strong.

and it succeed to make Jimin paused for a moment.

"A-Aeri---"

"Minjeong secretly likes you since high school. Before you even have any relationship with Ryujin, she likes you. Remember in high school when you used to get shits in your locker fromyour haters? Minjeong cleared all of that for you? Remember the day when you came to school holding your bike in your hands because you accidentally hit a nail on the road? Minjeong was the one who change her bike tyre, changing it with yours.

Remember the day when you thought for the first time that Ryujin cheated on you for someone else? Minjeong was the one who gave you that dried lavender on your desk to cheer you up. The day when you broke up with Ryujin and crying your hearts out loud infront of your mom's grave? Minjeong was the one who left the food infront of your doors"

Jimin still pausing from saying anything. Aeri still looking at her in the eyes and Jimin knew she just stopped crying for a while.

"You realized right? That it all stopped after you entered college. Because Minjeong didn't know about your whereabouts anymore. She coincidentally get into the same college as you and met you again. But still, shd likes you 'till then", Aeri continued.

"Minjeong didn't care if you date anyone, but she couldn't ignore it when you dated a sociopath who's crazily possessive to you. She couldn't let it slide even she didn't want to have anything with you. She thought she might just keeping her feelings a secret to you since then,

But now I'm telling you about her feeling here, huh? Cheesy~", Aeri showing her little smile towards Jimin. She don't even know why, but telling her bestfriend about Minjeong made her teary.

"It wasn't your fault. Minjeong did this because she liked you, for 5 years already. She did this because she cared for you..."

"Because she loves you, Jimin"

____________________

TBC