Backstory

Luna, a four year old girl who had been in and out of foster care, a new house and new ‘family’ every month and no more hope. The little girl has a tragic past and never got a normal childhood, she had one. It was a short one but that was before her parents died in a car accident at fault of a defiant man who ran the red light. Her parents died before an ambulance could show up leaving Luna alone in her carseat scared and crying. She was taken from the scene and put into foster care. She didn’t know anyone at the foster home and never spoke; she only spoke in a quiet voice no one could really pick up or understand. Scarlett and her fiance Elizabeth wanted another kid but didn’t know how to bring it up to their daughter Rose. Rose was Scarlett’s biological daughter and Elizabeth’s step daughter. She had been anxious when it came to meeting anyone new but when she met Luna one day at the park she bonded with her instantly. Rose would always ask if Luna could come over and never got an answer. Luna would always ask to play with Rose and was always told no by her foster parents and was sent back to the dark basement she lived in with no food, until one day she had enough and ran out the house with her small backpack full of her little belongings. She ran to the park and sat on the bench not knowing what to do, when she saw Rose playing on the playground and ran over to her.