Why are you here?

I walked down the stairs letting my hair down as the messy bun was no longer a bun anyways. I saw some lightning strike in the sky so I assumed it was raining. So who would be knocking at my door, at whatever time it is, in the rain? I looked over at the stove to read the time. 12:46 A.M. the clock read, which only added on to my extreme confusion. I sat on my floor a little light-headed from getting up so quick, then the knocking started again. More urgent this time, like I was needed. I got up and walked to the door to look through the peephole. It was... Bam? I opened the door to see his side all scraped up and bloody.

"Jesus Bam, what the hell happened to you?" I looked him up and down for more injuries.

"I was skating and I kinda, well, fell. The rain doesn't help with tricks FYI." His big blue eyes shined on me and I knew for once he wasn't going to be a dick.

"You were the only person I could really think to go to, to maybe clean me up. This shit stings like hell." he motioned to his side and winced.

I thought for only a second before moving aside and motioning for him to come in. I saw him look around my place with a confused look on his face.

"Uh, it's very, um-"

"empty?" I cut him off knowing what he was really thinking.

"Uh, yea. where's all the furniture, and ya know, the other people?"

"I live alone. I bought this house by myself." I sighed and fake smiled for a second.He looked almost like he was astonished at what I had just said.

"I just wanted to start over, and what better way than to pack up one day and just," I paused with slight tears in my eyes "never looked back." my voice cracked a little bit but I was hoping he didn't hear it.

He was about to say something when I started going up the stairs to the second floor. "I'll be right back, I need to grab my phone, you can hang out in the bathroom on the second floor till I come back to clean up," I motioned to him "this." I laughed a little running up the stairs from the upstairs hallway to my room. I grabbed my phone off the charger to see that Ryan had texted me a few times.

"Hey, what's up y/n?""Yo, did you like die in the last 3 hours since I saw you?"

I laughed a little and texted him back quickly.

"no, I'm not dead. but I did just get rudely awakened to your dumbass friend banging on my door lol"

I shoved my phone into the pocket in my pajama pants turning to go back down the stairs. I jumped a bit seeing Bam standing right at the top of the stairs.

"Jesus fuckin Christ dude, didn't I say to wait in the bathroom?" I gave him a weird look as I looked at his side again, now with even more blood on his white wife-beater tank top.

"Yea, well I don't exactly know where that is." he smiled at me mockingly and I was debating on just telling him to get the hell out.