Part Two

Warnings: mild anxiety but not much really

The Peter of this world barely even questioned your theory. He suggested bringing you to his place and you agreed, not really enjoying talking in the dark alley. Besides, if he tried to kill you or something, you could burn his face off. Even if you were slightly reluctant to burn such a pretty face.

Peter swung away for a few minutes and came back wearing jeans and a green jacket. He nodded at you, and you followed him down the streets in silence. You didn't really like silence - it reminded you too much of the isolated times in Hydra when they'd leave you alone in silence for days - so you decided to speak.

"So, if my theory is true," you said slowly, "then I probably know you almost as well as you know yourself."

Peter looked at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh really?" he said. "You dating your Peter or something?"

You laughed and shook your head.

"No," you said with a grin. "He's dating my friend, MJ. But he's my best friend, and he helped me... he..."

You trailed off as you remembered when your Peter helped you after Hydra. How he helped you become a normal kid and fit into society. How he was there when you had nightmares and treated you gently. At least, until you told him that you weren't a piece of glass, and he started treating you as a friend.

Peter from this new world eyed you carefully, and you realised your smile had faded. You plastered a new one on your face, before speaking again.

"So... are you dating an MJ?" you asked. "Got a best friend called Ned?"

Peter shook his head.

"I'm not dating anyone," he said. "And my best friend's name is Gwen."

You furrowed your brows, slightly confused. You didn't know a Gwen, and you were pretty sure your Peter didn't either.

"Huh," you said, thinking. "Is your favourite colour still blue?"

"Red," he said with a grin.

"Did you take down the Vulture?"

"I... I took down a giant lizard..."

You shook your head in confusion. There were a few things that you were sure had happened - Uncle Ben and his parents, for one - but you didn't really want to ask about that.

"You got your powers from a radioactive spider, right?" you asked.

Peter nodded, and you sighed in relief. Maybe this world wasn't too different after all.

When Peter led you to a house rather than an apartment, you kind of wanted to scream. When you'd first realised that maybe this was a different universe, you'd thought things were going to be almost the same, maybe with a few differences. But this world seemed almost completely different to your one.

"Okay, um... can you fly, by any chance?" Peter asked, looking at you.

You shook your head and Peter stood there for a moment, just thinking.

"Alright, I'm gonna swing you up, and then you can creep in through my window," he decided.

"What? Why?" you asked.

"Well... my Aunt May is home, and I'm not sure she would react well if I brought a girl home at... ten at night," he explained.

You sighed and shrugged.

"Fair," you said.

You held your arms out expectantly, just like you did for your Peter when he swung you places. The Peter from this world immediately put an arm around your waist, and you wrapped yours around his neck. He swung you up to the roof, landing on cat-soft feet, and lowered you to his window. It kind of reminded you of a couple of missions that you'd been on.

You crawled through Peter's window, and almost sighed in relief when you saw a Star Wars poster in his room. Maybe he wasn't so different after all.

You stood beside the window and looked around at Peter's room. His bed was against the right wall, and he had a desk against the left. You saw a pair of glasses lying on the desk, and they kind of reminded you of the glasses you'd seen your Peter wear in a photo before he became Spiderman.

The door opened and Peter walked in, his eyes landing on you immediately.

"Have you and your Peter done that before? As in, go in through a window," he clarified. "You... you just seemed to know what you were doing."

You shook your head.

"No, but, you know, I've been trained to be a spy, so I know what I'm doing," you said.

Peter's eyes went wide.

"A spy?" he asked. "That's cool. Who do you... uh... work for?"

"Well, I'm a part of the Avengers, so..." you said proudly, expecting perhaps surprise or shock.

Instead, Peter just cocked his head in confusion.

"Is - is that a band?" he asked, getting excited. "Are you in a band?"

"W-what?" you said. "No. You don't have the Avengers?"

Peter shook his head.

"Don't think so," he replied. "What are they?"

"You know... Earth's mightiest heroes?" you said, and Peter just shook his head and shrugged. "What about Captain America? Tony Stark? The Hulk?"

"I have no idea who they are," Peter said apologetically.

You groaned and put your face in your hands, your breathing becoming slightly difficult. Where was Bucky? If Captain America didn't exist, then Bucky would either be dead or the Winter Soldier. And you had no idea what could bring him out of it if he was. But there was also the possibility that Bucky had lived a great life and died of old age.

Would Natasha have lived a normal life and become a ballet dancer? Would Clint be a part of the circus? Would Wanda still be living in Sokovia with her parents and brother, no Stark Weapons to blow up her childhood home?

"Are you alright?" Peter asked awkwardly.

You cleared your throat and looked up, blinking away the tears that had suddenly sprung up.

"Yeah," you said, slightly choked. "It just... my entire family doesn't exist in this world. Or, at least, they're dead or would have no idea who I am." You shook your head in embarrassment. "Sorry, that was a load of... unnecessary information."

"It's - it's alright," Peter said.

He hesitated for a moment before walking over and patting your shoulder comfortingly. It reminded you so much of your Peter, who - when you first met - had no idea how to comfort you, but tried his hardest. You almost laughed at him, but decided that if you laughed while you were almost-crying, that maybe he'd think you were crazy.

"Thanks," you mumbled.

There was a moment of silence before Peter spoke again.

"You can take my bed," he said. "There's a spare mattress around here somewhere, so I'll sleep on that until... until we figure out how to get you home."

You nodded and Peter went about finding the mattress and getting ready for bed. He gave you a pair of his sweatpants and a shirt to wear to bed, and let you go into his bathroom to change. When you came out he was putting a blanket on his mattress.

"Thank you," you said. "For - for all this. For helping me."

Peter smiled softly at you.

"Don't worry about it."