Part Seven

warnings: not much just one bad language word

"If you drop me again, I'll kill you," you growled, stalking across the top of a building.

"It was an accident!" Peter called after you with a laugh.

You'd been in this world for a total of twelve days. Peter had suggested that you fight crime with him, so you did. And boy, was it chaotic and fun. Fighting crime with your Peter was fun, but with this Peter... it just felt right. Even when he swung around with you in his arms and dropped you.

At least he caught you, though.

"Uh huh, sure," you said, rolling your eyes.

Peter chuckled and walked over to you, lightly punching your arm. You punched him back, a smile growing on your face.

"Allow me to help you down," he said, putting on a fake British accent.

"I would rather die," you muttered, but allowed him to grab your waist and lower the two of you into the alley.

Yes, the alley. The one where you two had met. You'd been coming back here, hoping that the light would appear again, but it never did. You even waited there sometimes, just wishing you could go home. Because no matter how much you felt connected to this Peter, you missed your family. You missed Bucky, you missed Natasha, hell, you even missed Steve and his swear-jar.

"Hey... I'm sure we'll find a way to get you back," Peter said.

You hadn't realised a tear had fallen down your cheek until he moved over and wiped it away. You slowly looked up to him, to the eyes of his mask. Your breathing hitched, and you heard his pause, too. You two were so close, and leaning in felt like such a good idea...

But what if you were just imagining it? What if those long looks and innocent touches... what if... what if it was all just your imagination?

"We should... um... we should probably be getting back now," Peter said sheepishly, stepping back from you.

You felt your cheeks heat up but you nodded. You and Peter put your clothes on over the top of your suits, courtesy of your backpacks being webbed to the alley wall. The stars shined brightly as you walked out of the alley, but they were only a fraction of the light provided by the moon.

"So... I go back to school in a week," Peter said. "Do you... what do you think you'll do?"

You sighed.

"Well, I could always go see if Kamar-Taj exists," you mused. "That's where Strange learnt magic. I... I don't really know. I honestly thought that he'd... he'd have found me by now..."

You trailed off, unable to finish your thought out loud. If he hadn't found you by now, would he ever find you?

Peter looked at you for a moment before grabbing your hand in his, causing you to stop. You looked at him inquisitively, and he rubbed his thumb over the back of your hand before answering your unasked question.

"I'll invent multi-dimensional travel for you," Peter declared with a nod. "If Strange can't use his magic to get you back, I'll use my science. I don't care if it takes months or years, I'll do it for you, Y/n. I'll... I'll do anything for you."

Your chest tightened, and your breathing hitched for the second time this night, because the way he was looking at you made you want to kiss him. Really, really, badly.

"Really?" you whispered instead.

Peter nodded and took a small step closer to you, his eyes flicking between your eyes and lips.