chapter 1: enforcer

"You don't have to worry about that cuz whatever they throw at me I'll take it head on, you can trust me on that one"!
- Edwin Lockhart

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -Eleanor Roosevelt
------------------------------------------------------

"Do we really have to go in"?. Edwin asks still having second thoughts about going in

Sophie, feeling nervous takes a deep breath. She reaches for the door handle and gently opens the door. Sophie and Edwin enters the place and find a man sitting at his desk with a young lady in black leather jacket and jeans sitting opposite him.

Upon their entry,the man notices them and signals the young lady. She gets up and takes her leave but not before patting Sophie's shoulder while wearing a faint smile.

The door shuts and the man wastes no time in introducing himself as colonel Razor Howrath. He is in charge of forth military division.

He asks Sophie and Edwin to take a seat to which they do. He had already gotten a letter from the general earlier that day telling him that two young alchemist will be transferring to his division. He also heard they were both young prodigies recruited by the military because of their immense mastry over alchemy.

"You must be Sophie and Edwin if I'm not mistaken"? Razor says.

"That's right" Edwin replies first and Sophie nods confirming.

Razor turn to Edwin and says " According to your data, it says here that you're 15 and she's 17 would you also like to confirm that"?

"That also true"Edwin says with a smile

"Sorry but is anything the matter" Sophie asks in a concerned tune.

"No, just checking" Razor says as he adjust his military cap.

'I see, so I'm really going to have to take in children. What was the general thinking, allowing kids into our ranks. I'm totally not ready to babysit anyone, but on second thought they did pass all the military entrance exams and we're considered alchemy prodigies to be recruited by the military. They must have put on so much of his show to be even recommend by Atticus (The general) himself, I don't think I have anything to worry about'.

"Ok I will just ask you a few questions and it will be over with" Razor assures them.

"Firstly, what's your reason for joining the military"? Razor asks.

Edwin is the first one to speak up."It's pretty straight forward I want to climb the ranks and be recognised as the best alchemist in the country" Edwin says as his eyes lit, glowing with passion.

"And you" Razor turns to Sophie.

At that moment the life had left Sophie's eyes, she lowers her head and clutching her hands.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk" Razor says after seeing her expression.

"No... I'll talk" Sophie response. "My mother is bedridden with a disease for which there is no cure that's why I want to find someone who can heal her perhaps through alchemy that's why I need the influence of the military".

" Moving on, the position you have been recruited for is one of an enforcer, and if you don't know enforcers are the one who are constantly takes care of things like excort duty or catching rogue alchemist and other criminals basically they're the ones who does the dirty work, making it the most dangerous of all the military positions. Do you still think you have what it takes"?.

"You don't have to worry about that cuz whatever they throw at me I'll take it head on, you can trust me on that one"! Edwin says as he slams his hand against the desk"

"I agree with him, we wouldn't be here if they didn't at least think we were half capable" Sophie says.

Razor smiles and reaches for his drawer and pulls out two sheets of paper something with inside and hands a sheet to Edwin and Sophie.

"You just have to sign it and it will be official" Razor tells them.

Well Edwin ignorantly signs his, Sophie Reads hers carefully. It was an enlistment contract.

After they had signed and given the contract back to Razor, for the first time he had been with him he abandons his cheerful face put on serious one. He Ask them to take an Oath of Enlistment.

Edwin and Sophie do as they're told. Sophie reminisces about everything it took her to get here.

'its all worth it... for moms sake' she thinks to herself.

Writers edit
Wow that was the really long one now I'm really tired ಥ‿ಥ. Anyway I'll be uploading the next chapter very soon and if you have any concerns please feel free to comment and please rate the chapter I really appreciate those bye👋.