Chapter 7: Sergeant

Michael Imperioli

"My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what's important to me."

---------------------------------------------------------

Sophie and Edwin slowly strode down the corridor, they could hear a voice call out to them in the far distance behind them-it was Jerry Mason, young sergeant running towards them. He catches up with the duo and places his arm over their shoulders.

" Well if it isn't my favourite enforces... How have you been lately?" Jerry says with a broad smile running across his face.

Jerry is known to be the youngest sergeant in the army though he always carries a naive look with smile on his face but his leadership skills were never in doubt. In terms of height he only stood a few centimetres above Sophie who is quite tall. On his head was a depp curtains hairstyle which complemented his beige skin.

"Oh well,If it isn't our weird sergeant... We weren't expecting to run into you by this time of the day" Sophie give Jerry an eye before focusing on the part she's walking.

"Urh, you could have at least pretended you were happy to see me" Jerry lifts an ethereal smile.

"Oh,I'm happy to see you" Edwin says

"Guess what... I'm happy to see you too" Jerry turns towards Edwin.

Ignoring their classic boys reunion moment Sophie works several meters past them. Jerry takes notice and in an attempt to get her attention he sprint off to obstruct her part.

"You know if you wanted attention...you came to the wrong person" Sophie tells Jerry.

"Perhaps...But isn't it strange we barely see eye-to-eye these days" Jerry points out.

"Great!... Cuz I would like to keep it that way" Sophie replys.

"Hey, you know I had great idea... How about we all go out...just the three of us" Jerry suggest.

"Definitely not!!!" Sophie retorts.

"Hey now don't be a downer" Jerry says.

"Huh, you are the one being a complete weirdo" Sophie claps back.

"Well if you think about it, it's a good way to get to know ourselves the more" Edwin rubs his chin.

"Oh, Edwin not you too" Sophie grumbles.

"Come on, I swear it will be fun" Jerry pleds.

"And we could even get drinks on the way" Edwin adds.

"Yeah, that's the spirit!" Jerry exclaims.

"What's a girl got to do these days" Sophie Mutter's under her voice.

Moments later, Edwin Sophie and Jerry sit on a park bench, Edwin and Jerry talk about many different topics,mostly their hobbies while Sophie slowly quaff her drink.

"Say Sophie... What do you enjoy doing?" Jerry inquires.

Sophie stares at moving clouds for a while before saying something, "It time..." Sophie says.

Jerry stares at her confused.

"You have a sister right... Don't you think it time you go meet her" Sophie suggest

Jerry's eyes widen for a moment. He reaches for his pocket watch and checks  the time.

Oh snap!, I'm going to be late again... She's probably waiting for me... Sorry guys I'm afraid I'll have to leave this one to you, how about we do this some other time. Jerry says as he hurriedly departs.

"And there he goes... Leaving us in the middle of nowhere" Edwin proclaims. he looks over to Sophie, she seems to have spaced out from her thought.

"You're thinking about your mum aren't you" Edwin ask.

"Of course I am, she's the only one I ever think of... She's not in the best of health and make matters worse I haven't seen her since I became an enforcer. It's painful everything" Sophie says

"Well why don't we go see her... Your mother lives close to the border of the East city right, so if we leave now will get there before noon...what do you say" Edwin stretches out an arm to Sophie

"Well if you're ok with it" Sophie says after a short pause.

Writers edit

Another coming soon. If you liked this one please don't forget to vote and comment. If you didn't know, I like to focus on one specific thing every chapter really helps me move the plot forward 🙂. Stay safe 😷 and take care 👍 Owonaru Isaiah out 🏃.