chapters 3:Duel

It is the fight alone that pleases us, not the victory.

Blaise Pascal

------------------------------------------------------

A bullet is shot into air signalling the start of the fight.

Edwin and Sophie run around Berbatov in opposite directions with the hopes of dividing his attention.

Sophie attacks first, she throws multiple punchs at Berbatov but be easily blocks and evade them revealing his prowess in close combat. He manages to grab Sophie's arm and pin her to the ground.

"It's useless to keep struggling, at the end of the day you only be no match for me" Berbatov says.

"Underestimating us would be your worst mistake" Sophie says with a smile.
------------------------------------------------------
A transmutation reaction is usually a spark of lightning that appears every time alchemy is used to transmit matter
------------------------------------------------------

A transmutation reaction occurs as Edwin send a huge mass of Earth Berbatov way. Berbatov let's go off Sophie as he leaps clear of Edwin's attack.

"You're right I guess there's no reason for me to underestimate you anymore" Berbatov says as he wears glove inscribed with a transmutation circle on it.

Edwin transmute the concrete below Berbatov making it cover his legs and restricting his movement.Using the transmutation circle in his glove, Berbatov touches the ground giving rise to purple transmutation reaction, before reducing the concrete to chalk like dust. The dust spread away from Berbatov and around Edwin, Berbatov then transmute the dust back to concrete making it bind Edwin to it's self.

The dust Clears, and Berbatov is horried to find out what the concrete caught was a clay figure Edwin had created. He spots Edwin and Sophie in the distance
And send huge mass concrete towards them.

Edwin transmutes a wall of Earth to protect he and Sophie from Berbatov attacks.

"He's able to transmit matter mostly concrete due to the transmutation circle on glove, so it must be specialised alchemy that explains the colour" Sophie explains

Sophie proceeds to explan Edwin how exactly they're going to be able to beat him.

"I understand but will it work though" Edwin ask

"I'm positive it will" Sophie reassures him.

Edwin and Sophie come out of hiding and split up. Berbatov transmute several molds of concrete to attack Sophie but since she's running he can't get a good aim at her.

Sophie close the distance between her and Berbatov and fight him at close range as she is soon joined by Edwin. Berbatov with his hands full from defending several punches and kicks from Edwin and Sophie, isn't able to perform transmutation. He kicks Edwin in his gut region to send him tumbling.

Sophie takes out bar lead
from her pocket and transmute it into a chain before locking Berbatov arm with it, all done in the heat of the moment. She swings Berbatov into the open centre and Edwin uses alchemy to transmute iron ore.

Berbatov immediately realises he's in the middle of a transmutation circle. He begins to struggle but he struggles are in vain due to iron ore quickly covering his body up to his chest level.

'A transmutation circle, but when did they have time to construct one... During the fight, no! It must have been before the fight even started,damn! I let my guard down. The girl, it must have been the one who came up with that idea that would explain why she constantly engage me in combat serving as the perfect distraction for boy to perform the transmutation. To think she thought about this in the heat of battle... Her intelligence combined with the kid's high level alchemy, this is unreal such duo is unheard of. Well I might as well just accept my defeat why it's still incidental' Berbatov think to himself.

A gunshot sound signalling the end of the fight. Edwin releases cluster of iron ore surrounding Berbatov's body. Many soldiers flock Edwin throwing him up and catching him in congratulations. Berbatov goes to meet Sophie who is standing in the midst of a crowd.

"Sophie van silver, that was a good fight and even though I lost I wish to work with you in the future" Berbatov says as he stretches out his arm for a handshake to which Sophie receives warmly.

Berbatov goes to meet colonel Razor who is isolated in the far corner. Razor light a cigarette but Berbatov takes it from him before he can put it in his mouth and smokes with it instead. Razor light another cigarette and they smoke as they talk.

"You fell right into the transmutation circle on purpose didn't you" Razor says

"Maybe I did... Maybe I didn't" Berbatov doesn't confirm neither does he deny the statement.

"Well whatever the case one thing is sure, those two have a bright future ahead of them" Razor says as he uses his boot to put off the cigarette he dropped.

"I too can confirm that much" Berbatov replies as he probably tries to visualise for their future will look like.

Writers edit
So that's it for this chapter, let me know what you guys think in the comments and if there's anything please vote cuz those things motivate me lot. See you in the next chapter until then stay safe bye 😃.