Chapter 6: bureau

The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking." ~ Robert H Schuller
----------------------------------------------

A beam of light created by the morning sun snuck into Sophie's room through a space in the curtains. The light had made her emarge out of her subconscious back to reality. For the first few seconds of waking up she just stared at her ceiling, she was still sleepy as she didn't get enough sleep the previous night. Sophie knew she couldn't stay much longer in bed, as she had plans for the day. She heads to the bathroom to wash off the eye bags around her eyes caused from sleep deprivation, she stares at the mirror recalling the events of last night.

It has been 6 months since Edwin and Sophie became enforcers and that night they happened to encounter Rutter Noyes a fugitive wanted by the military. That night neither Edwin nor Sophie had the smallest hint that he was no ordinary fugitive - he was a chimera (a person who has two totally different sets of DNA inside their body.) , But what was even weirder was the fact that after they managed defeating him,the anomaly bureau arrived at the scene and took custody of Rutter. Edwin and Sophie tried to protest but it was ultimately useless.

Sophie dresses into her signature all black edgy leather clothes, she wears a fingerless gloves with the transmutation circle engraved on it back and on her head she had short purple hair

A few hours later, Edwin and Sophie are at the colonels office. Edwin wore a plain black high-necked jacket with matching black pants.Sophie explains what happened last night to the colonel and enquires more information concerning the matter. As far as Sophie knew she had only read about chimeras in books and had never seen one up until last night, Also, the thought of the anomaly bureau raised multiple questions-who were they?,what relationship did they have with the army?,why haven't Sophie known about them up until now?.

"Wait!,did you just say you met the anomaly bureau?" Colonel Razor asked slightly shocked.

"Yeah, we did...is there anything wrong with that?" Sophie asked confused.

Colonel Razor throws this hand over forehead, as he looks down displaying a look of perplexetion.

"So the rumors were true...the anomaly bureau exist.I haven't seen them and know nothing of them so you won't get any luck asking me... but I would advise not get involved,they are kept a secret for a reason and only report to the Führer" colonel Razor says.

"So whats point of the bureau" Sophie asks

Colonel Razor signs and says " lf I had to guess,the creation of the bureau we had something to do with the alchemical laboratory that was shut down. From what I heard they conducted the illegal experiment... Of course this happened before I got transferred to this unit".

"Do you have any idea on what kinds of experiment the alchemical laboratory conducted" Edwin speaks up.

"Sorry,but I don't have any real specifics" colonel Razor says.

"I see... It fine though" Edwin lights a smiles while Sophie still looks visibly distressed.

Edwin and Sophie leave the colonel office, and after their gone Razor reaches for his telephone and places a call to someone.

"Hey, Martin's sorry for not calling you sooner... I have a favour to ask" colonel Razor says.

Writers edit
Another short chapter. If you liked it please vote and comment. As always stay safe 😷 and take care 👍 Owonaru Isaiah out 🏃