Old Friends And The Past(edited)

Ash's POV

It had been two weeks since the incident in the cafeteria, and my life only seemed to spiral downward after that fight. The constant bullying made everything worse, but the only silver lining was my Pokémon and my friends: Clemont, Bonnie, and Dawn. I couldn't understand why, but I always felt a sense of happiness whenever I was with her. I was truly grateful to have them by my side. Dawn mentioned today that some old friends were coming over, but I had no idea who they were.

As we walked towards the school, I wondered who they could be until I heard a familiar and beautiful voice. 'Wait, what?'

"Hey, Ash!" Dawn called out, running towards me.

"Hi, Dawn," I greeted her.

"Are you excited?" she asked.

"Excited for what?"

"You're meeting your old friends today, aren't you? You should be excited!"

"I would be if I knew who they were," I replied.

"It's a surprise, and I know you'll be pleasantly surprised," she assured me.

Timeskip

The school day passed without any major incidents, and I managed to avoid the bullies. Now, as we walked back to my house, there was a comfortable silence between us. It wasn't awkward, but I felt an urge to start a conversation, something I hadn't felt in a long time.

"So..." I began.

"Yeah?" Dawn replied.

"When will we get to meet the friends you were talking about?"

"They're waiting for us at your house," she revealed, and I was genuinely surprised.

"How do they know where I live?" I asked, curious.

"I told you they know you really well," she replied with a knowing smile.

Now I was excited to see who they were. After a few minutes, we arrived at my doorstep. I opened the door, only to be greeted by...

"SURPRISE!" the two of them exclaimed.

When Ash opened the door, he was met with the sight of Gary and Leaf standing there, grinning from ear to ear.

Gary, looking relaxed and confident, had that typical air of a seasoned trainer. Dressed casually, he seemed at ease, exuding the vibe of an old friend who had seen it all. With a smirk, he threw in his signature line, "Hey, Ash! Long time no see, huh?"

Leaf, standing beside him, wore a friendly smile and had an easygoing aura. Her outfit blended comfort and style, reflecting her down-to-earth yet confident personality. She playfully added, "Hey, Ashy-boy! Did you miss us?" 

Their presence was a surprise, but a welcome one that instantly filled Ash with joy.

"Gary... Leaf?" I was genuinely surprised and happy, immediately enveloping them in a hug. "I missed you," I said sincerely.

"We missed you too," Gary replied, and I noticed Leaf's face was flushed. Was she feeling unwell?

"Not to be rude, but why did you come without warning?" I asked, puzzled.

"We wanted to surprise you," Leaf explained.

"Yeah, because you never contact us, but Dawn did last week," Gary added, his expression turning serious. "And I know everything."

"You do?" I responded with a faint, sad smile.

"Why aren't you standing up for yourself? I know who you are and what you're capable of. We all know you could crush them with your eyes closed, so why?" Gary asked, a hint of frustration in his voice.

"He's right. We were so worried when we heard about what was happening that we came as soon as possible," Leaf chimed in.

"Thank you, but you know, Gary, I can't... I can't do anything. I'm a loser. Nothing has been the same since that day, and you know that," I admitted.

'Which day are they talking about?' Dawn and Leaf thought, their confusion evident.

"No, it's because you don't want to or you're not trying to bring everything back. Do you really think she wanted things to be like this? You know how happy she was when you won," Gary reasoned.

I looked down, contemplating his words.

"Just think about it," he urged, and I nodded.

"So, Ash, can we stay here for some time?" Leaf asked. I nodded in agreement.

"You can stay here tonight, Dawn," I said, then made my way upstairs. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Will he be okay?" Dawn asked.

"Yes, he will," Gary replied. 'I know you can do this, Ash, and I'm sure that tomorrow, I'll see the old you.'

I knew Gary was right, but what could I do? I felt helpless. If only she were here. Everything would have been fine if that day hadn't happened.

Flashback

I was returning home from my journey, walking towards our house.

"Hey, buddy. Mom would be so happy to see us. It's been a while," I said to Pikachu.

But when we reached our home and opened the door, Mom didn't come to greet us with her warm hug as she always did after every journey.

"Mom?" I called out. "Mom, are you there? Mom!"

As I entered the living room, I saw something I would never forget: Mom lying there, taking her last breaths. I rushed to her side.

"Mom... Mom, what happened?" tears streamed down my face.

"Ash, I never told you, but I had cancer, the last stage. I can't live anymore. Please take care of yourself," she said weakly.

"No, Mom. Nothing will happen to you. You'll be just fine. Don't leave me like this," I pleaded.

"I have to go, Ash. I can't be saved now. Please be a good boy and become stronger, okay? Remember, I will always be with you in your heart. Goodbye, my little champion," she said, her voice barely a whisper.

"No, Mom!" I cried out, devastated.

The funeral was held three days later, and everyone close to us attended.

'If only I had been with her when she needed me. She was always there for me when I needed her, but now she's gone, and I couldn't do anything, all because of my dreams, which kept her away from me. So, I won't battle anymore.'

Flashback ends

Did I make the right choice by abandoning my dream? Was it worth it? Just then, her voice echoed in my mind.

"Please be a good boy

-------------------------------------------------------

So guys Ash is coming back and stronger so are you ready to see him in Acton. There is a special guest in next ch. Who? Read to find out.

Hope you like it
Signing out (◔‿◔)