Chapter 6

"Harry I..." Harry looks at Draco with a smile, albeit with somewhat of a trepidacious look on his face.

"I...can't"

With those words the world around Harry shattered. The shock of it had Harry staring at Draco in disbelief.

"It's not that I don't love you Harry. I do with all my heart and nothing would make me happier to be your husband but I'm a mere servant Harry. This affair was not to last." Says Draco with a pained looks on his face.

"Don't be ridicules. You're no servant to me," says Harry as he takes Draco's hand in his. "To me you're a very wonderful person that I wish to spend my entire life with."

"But..."

"I love you Draco" says Harry sincerely "and I swear that if I had to chose to just marry anybody I would never be happy, sure the kingdom would have an heir to carry on the line but my heart will be hallow without you by my side please say you'll marry me."
Draco looks away from Harry with misty eyes "I need to think about this."

"What's there to think about?"

"Harry please..."

Harry sighs and lets go of Draco's hands and nods closing the box and pocketing it. "I'll be waiting for your answer tonight. If you come to the ball I would know that your answer is yes... and if you don't..." He takes a deep breath "I'll just choose someone that they feel is worthy."

Draco nods his head as he gets up and leaves.

-Malfoy Castle-Guest Chambers-

"Why did you say no? don't you love him?" Asks Severus Snape looking at his godson incredulously.

"Of course I do with all of my heart but you know that...he's the prince he'll one day be king. I'm...I'm just a servant...I'm not worthy of him."

"Draco..." Severus takes one of Draco hands in his "listen to me. If you love him and if he loves you the way that you say he does then there shouldn't be any problem. After all I heard the King and Queen are quite open minded they'll make an exception for your lack of aristocratic training. Besides" says Severus giving Draco a piercing look "you are the son of a Baron don't make yourself seem small, I understand given the circumstances you seem only a servant but all this rightfully belongs to you. Understand that."

Draco looks at Severus and biting his lips. A looks of understanding and a silent conversation is had with the two as Severus nods his head slightly closing his eyes.

Draco takes a deep breath then gets up and hugs his godfather "thank you Severus."

"The only way you can thank me is going to that ball and marrying that man you love so much."

Draco smiles and nods, just then Tom barges into the room looking livid "he's not going anywhere." He looks vehemently at Draco "so this is what's been happening under my nose. And you Severus" he says giving Severus a disgusted look "I thought that you were one of my most trusted servants. From here on out you will be striped of your lord's title. See how being a commoner treats you."

Severus looks defiantly back at Tom "My loyalty will first and foremost belong to Lucius and Narcissa and in turn Draco. A title means nothing to me without Draco's happiness."

Tom sneers at him and grabs Draco's hand. Draco in turn tries to struggle out of the grip with little success. Severus tries to help but is held in place by a few men he hadn't seen come in.

"Please, father, don't do this, please." Draco begs as Tom dragshim through the house with Draco wriggling his hands, trying to halt his steps.

Tom sneers back at Draco as he drags him to the dungeons of the Castle and unceremoniously dumps Draco in a cell and promptly locks it "if anyone is going to the ball tonight and win the prince's hand is my Pansy or... perhaps Dudley. You" he says looking at Draco loathingly "will not be going anywhere." He grins evilly at Draco and walks back upstairs to the sounds of wailing from Draco to let him out.