Chapter 7

-Malfoy Castle-Dungeons-

"There finally" says Severus as the last bars melt into a gooey mess on the floor making enough space for Draco to get out from. He extends his hand for Draco to take "slowly now, mind the iron, it's hot."

Draco takes the offered hand and manages to get himself out without getting burned. "Thank you everyone. This means so much to me."
All the servants nod at him or tell him not to worry about it.

"Hurry up. We haven't got much time," says Severus pushing Draco up the stairs. "You need to get dressed."

"But I haven't got anything to wear."

"Actually Andromeda and a few others had started on one for you as soon as the news of the ball was announced."

Draco looks with a surprised look at everyone "really?"

The lady nods her head "Yes, there's no way we were going to pass up a chance like this for you. Besides everyone's heard your little escapade with the prince."

Draco blushes at that while he is basically dragged from the dungeons to go upstairs to get dressed for the ball.

-Royal Castle-Ball room-

"Guess I'll have to choose someone." Harry says sighing. The introductions of future consorts had been over for a while now and Harry was even made to dance with some of them. Now as time ticks by everyone waits anticipating who Harry would choose and unfortunately for him the one he wants hasn't arrived.

Ron gives Harry a sympathetic look. "Who's the most eligible?" Harry asks.

"Well, It's Pansy Riddle of Slytherin but I must warn you, she's not exactly the best looking in the bunch." Answers Ron.

"Doesn't matter. It can be anybody they'll never have my heart. It's already taken."

"Sorry about this mate. Wish it could be different."

"Me too Ron. Me too" says Harry dejectedly.

James makes his way with a tight-lipped Lily Potter following him. "My son, have you decided yet. All the eligible bachelors and maidens have been introduced. Have you chosen your future consort?"

Harry looks around the ballroom dejectedly one more time then looks sadly back to his father "guess I have."

James nods at Harry "Everyone may I have your attention please. As most, if not all, of you know that this ball was thrown in hopes of getting my son his future spouse and consort, as such he has finally chosen his intended. Harry." Says James as he beckons Harry to start speaking.

Harry takes a deep breath and starts speaking "After much deliberation I have decided that Pa..."

The doors bang open and Draco runs in trying to catch his breath. The crowd parts to let Draco through.

Harry's face lights up with a smile as he steps down from the slightly raised dais and runs towards Draco. He hugs him tightly and Draco hugs back just as tightly.

"Hey." Says Harry as he pulls back slightly, smiling at Draco.

Draco in return smiles back saying hello.

"You're a little late."

"I got...held up." Says Draco Pulling away from the embrace and looking away from Harry.

Harry puts his right hand under Draco's chin and tilts it towards his own face. "They did something didn't they?"

"It doesn't matter now. I'm here, fine and healthy and ready to marry you that is, if you'll still have me."