five

"Hey Draco." Harry smiled and sat down next to him, kissing his cheek softly.

"H-Hi." Draco stuttered at the kiss. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm okay." Harry nodded, "Just felt weird that you didn't walk me back last night." He mumbled.

"I was really tired." Draco lied. Of course he wanted to walk him back, but he saw Harry stare at Cedric with a frown and decided against it.

Harry frowned, "Oh okay." The tension was high, yet they acted like nothing happened. Like Harry never left Draco to go talk to Cedric. Like Harry never chose Cedric over Draco.

Draco couldn't hide his feelings for the boy he was supposed to be fake dating. He wanted it to be real. He wanted Harry to kiss him, to smile at him like he actually cared. But he didn't. It was just a show and nothing else.

Hence, he just acted normally, as if they were actually dating. He would hold Harry when he looked sad. He would kiss his forehead, nose, cheek and head, telling him that he was there for him. Forever and ever.

Another week and many interruptions by Cedric still claiming the same love potion claim later, they were sitting in the library together, going through their Potions notes.

"I don't think I can ever be good at this." Harry rubbed his eyes tiredly, "I suck at Potions."

"I know, love." Draco snorted, "That's why I'm trying to help you with this."

"Now, tell me what is a bezoar and where we can find it?" Harry scrunched up his face thoughtfully and opened his mouth to answer.

"Harry?" He felt a tap on his shoulder. There stood Cedric, yet again, with a pleading and sad face.

"Go away." Harry whispered angrily.

"Please just listen to me. I love yo—"

"No! You don't get to say that to me. Shut up and leave." Harry stood up, his hand leaving Draco's.

Cedric flinched at his voice.

Draco gritted his teeth and stood up between the two. He placed his wand threateningly on Cedric's chest, "Leave, Diggory. He is with me now. He doesn't need you."

Cedric looked helplessly at Harry who hid behind Draco. He sighed, finally and left the library with tears in his eyes.

Harry leaned on a bookshelf, his eyes closed. He looked close to tears.

"Hey," Draco whispered. "It's okay, come here." He opened his arms, inviting him for a hug. Harry blinked up at him once, twice.

Draco waited for a reaction but got nothing. Disappointment built in his chest, "Harry?" He whispered helplessly. The said boy shook his head and looked away.

Draco wanted to cry. He left the Library as well.

This was a bad idea. He never should have agreed to this in the first place. Fake dating someone you love isn't okay.

"Cedric, love." He heard a voice from the next corridor. He hid behind the wall and tilted his head to look at the two people discreetly.

"Will you leave me alone, Cho?" Cedric said angrily, his eyes full of tears.

"But I love you!" She pouted and threw her hands up in a fit.

"You drugged me with a fucking love potion and you made me break up with my Harry and you still expect me to accept it?!"

"What proof do you have?" She smirked, her eyes glinting.

Draco inhaled sharply, so she did drug him. She was a real bitch.

He didn't know what made him go to Cedric later that day to help him prove his innocence.

Harry loved Cedric and was heartbroken when he found him cheating. Draco wanted to wipe away the sadness and make him happy again, no matter the cost.