six

Veritaserum. The solution to the problem created by Cho Chang.

"Chang." Draco called her. She stopped in her tracks and turned around, sneering when she saw Draco.

"You. What do you want?"

Harry stood a bit away from them wrapped under his invisibility cloak.

"Why did Cedric cheat on Harry?"

Cho rolled her eyes, "Because I gave him a love potion." Her eyes widened, she slapped her hand over her mouth.

"What did you do?" She whispered angrily.

"Exposed you, you lunatic." He smirked.

Harry closed his eyes, he could've fainted. It wasn't a lie. Cedric didn't lie to him. It would be okay now.

Cho stomped away angrily and Harry emerged from under the cloak. "Thank you, Draco." He smiled weakly.

Draco nodded and turned to walk away. Harry grabbed his wrist. "Wait— I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry, Draco. For being a dick to you the other day. I was just very sad and I wasn't thinking properly. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Draco sighed. "You don't have to talk to me anymore either. You can go back to Diggory."

"But can't we be friends?" Harry asked, "You've helped me so much."

"No, we can't be friends. You and I were just a show. Nothing else. We don't exist. It's only you and I."

"I owe you, Draco. Stop being arrogant."

"Arrogant?" He scoffed, "You don't owe me anything, idiot. You really think I did this for you? I did it for myself. I did it because seeing you happy makes me happy. I did it because I hated seeing you cry over that stupid Hufflepuff. I wanted you to be happy again."

"What?"

"Yes. You don't owe me anything. I did all of this for myself. For my own selfish reasons so please leave me alone. I'm done with you." With those words, Draco left him alone standing in the corridor.

Harry stared at him, his mind a whirlwind of thoughts.

"Harry?" Cedric said curiosly when Harry approched him a few minutes later.

"I know the truth." He said.

Cedric sighed in relief and hugged him, his arms holding him close. "Oh thank fuck. I would never cheat on you. I love you, Harry." He cupped his face.

"Cedric, I—" He choked up. He wasn't able to say it. "I—" Cedric looked at him expectantly. His eyes shining lovingly.

Those eyes hald a promise of love and care, something Harry wanted deeply.

There was one problem, Harry thought. He wasn't Draco. Those eyes shining at him didn't make his heart flip like they used to. He could imagine grey eyes instead that belonged to Draco Malfoy.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, shaking his head, "I like him."

Cedric felt his heart crack, "Oh."

"I'm sorry, okay? I really thought you had cheated on me and then I realized that I liked Draco." He pushed away his hands.

"It's okay." Cedric nodded, "It isn't your fault. Sometimes we fall for people without knowing ourselves. If you do care about him then you should tell him. He cares about you too."

Harry nodded and hugged him briefly before parting. "Thank you for everything, Cedric."