Ghosts?!

***

"w-WHAT?!" Grimm screamed. "Me?! A meal for those butterflies of yours?!" Grimm asked, clearly scared for his life.

Roxana smiled wickedly at his reaction while her butterflies started latching onto her skin, sucking her blood. "Mhm. You'll be their meal."

Grimm looked up at her with a terrified face before speaking up. "B-But, I'll roast you if you try to feed me to them!" Grimm yelled while smirking nervously.

"Yeah, but I can always just stop it." Roxana told him.

"You-! I'll roast you before you ca- B-BAH!!" Grimm suddenly screamed, surprising Roxana.

"G-Ghosts!" He yelled, looking at something behind Roxana before covering his eyes.

Roxana suddenly heard 2 different voices behind her.

"We haven't had a guest for so long..."

"I'm itching for some action...."

Roxana turned around to see who was speaking only to see 2 transparent creatures. She looked at them with furrowed eyebrows.

'What the-? These creatures are ghosts?' She questioned. 'They sure don't look like it. They just look like floating, transparent, blobs with a face.' Roxana thought, clearly not scared of their sudden appearance.

She stared at them before sighing. 'How troublesome. Since they're ghosts, I can't use my butterflies to get rid of them.' Roxana thought before suddenly smiling. 'Might as well befriend them.'

"Are you guys ghosts?" She asked.

"Hehe! We are!" The one on the left responded.

"Really?" She asked before mumbling loud enough for the ghosts to hear. "How cool..."

"W-WHAT?!" Grimm screamed. "You find ghosts cool?!" He asked while violently trembling.

"... we've never met a human that's not scared of us..." the lanky ghost on the right said, ignoring Grimm. "How interesting."

"Yeah, they'd all scream and run away... Could you perhaps tell us your name?" The ghost on the left asked.

"Roxana Agriche. It's a pleasure to meet you both." Roxana replied with her usual elegant smile while slightly bowing.

"You're a very respectful young lady. Please let us assist you. You're the first person to treat us with kindness in 40 years! Assisting you is the least we could do." The ghost on the right said.

"Really? Thank you. But I don't really need anything right now..." Roxana told them.

"Ah, it's fine. Just call us if there's anything you need." The ghost on the right said before disappearing with the other ghost, leaving Roxana and Grimm in the room by themselves.

"Hey! What was that?!" Grimm yelled.

"I befriended them. Obviously." Roxana told him with a smile.

"Anyways... what should I do with you?" Roxana asked Grimm.

"W-What?!" Grimm screamed, remembering what happened before the ghosts appeared.

"I'll burn you if y-"

"I'll keep you alive and let you stay here." Roxana told him with a friendly smile that gave Grimm chills for some reason.

"R-Really?!" Grimm asked, beaming with relief.

"Of course." Roxana said. 'I'll just feed you to them when the time is right.' She thought before going to the closet and looking through the nightwear till she found her size. She then walked over to the bathroom before looking back at Grimm.

"Anyways, I'm gonna change. Don't do anything when I'm not looking." Roxana warned him.

"Blah blah blah! I'm just gonna sleep human!" Grimm told her before climbing onto the bed.

Roxana watched him tuck himself in the bed before heading into the bathroom and locking the door.

Right when she got in, she took off her ceremonial robe, leaving her in her undergarments. She then put her hands on the bathroom vanity, gripping onto it.

Sweat dripped down her face as she looked at herself in the mirror.

'Shit. I gave too much blood to the butterflies.' Roxana thought as she moved her gaze to her bandaged arms and neck just before feeling a sudden sting in her head. "Urk-!"

She clutched the sides of her head as she gritted her teeth.

"Shit..." Roxana whispered under her breath as her face got paler just before suddenly coughing up blood.

'F*ck, f*ck, f*ck! Cassis, I need Ca-' Roxana suddenly flinched before glancing at the mirror to look at her disheveled appearance.

'... Why did I think of him?' Roxana questioned before putting her palms over her eyes and clutching her hair with her fingers.

'Calm down. I'm not even in the same world as him anymore. I can't afford to show this side to other people too.'

She then peeked at her reflection through her fingers. 'Just keep on doing what you usually do Roxana.' She told herself before standing up straight and reaching out for a towel by her. She wiped the blood on her mouth and neck before reaching for her nightwear and putting it on. It was a black shirt paired with black pants.

She then put her usual smile on before heading back into the bedroom.

"Grimm, I finished changing." Roxana said while walking to the bed, only to see Grimm sleeping while spread out in the middle.

"..."
"I should really cook you already." Roxana said with a cold smile before picking up Grimm and placing him on one side of the bed.

She then climbed into the bed and laid down on the opposite side of Grimm.

"Haah..."
'What a day it was.' Roxana thought before drifting off to sleep.

***

Hello! I decided to post another chapter even though I posted yesterday. I wanted to do it to apologize for not posting!

I hope you guys liked it even though it was short!