Chapter 11

I left the room and headed outside, avoiding Galina. If Nathan had argued about me to her, she'd just lecture me on how I shouldn't keep a dhampir here and how I'd need to awaken Rose as soon as possible. Galina shows no emotion in any situation which looked pretty scary. The fact that it was almost impossible to tell what she was thinking or feeling made her truly terrifying. Personally, I think she enjoys being feared by many. I would be like that, with Rose along my side, feared by all; the strongest of the strong.

I exited the building, I wanted to feed. Being close to Rose had been tempting. I wanted to feed from her, but I couldn't do that. Not yet. I'm surprised I was even able to hold back from biting her, her blood smelt so good.

I ran to the city, taking my usual path. I felt like I hadn't fed in ages. I've never craved dhampir blood as much as I did for Rose's blood. Moroi blood had always tasted better, their blood was sweeter than dhampirs or humans. Dhampirs had slightly sweeter blood than humans, I believe it is because dhampirs are half moroi. We strigoi wanted, no, needed moroi blood to survive. Somehow, I had felt like I needed Rose's blood to survive. I snapped out of my daze and realised I had arrived. I smirked, cruelly before I swiftly entered.

Loud music filled the club, almost deafening to us strigoi. Bodies swayed from side to side around the room clumsily as they danced to the music. The strong stench of alcohol was in the air. Both humans and strigoi were present but it was obvious to tell from the two. Humans were the clumsy ones whilst the strigoi were quiet and watchful. Not to mention the red eyes and stark white skin. For humans, Strigoi eyes would look different due to the coloured lights. But to other Strigoi, with their sharpened senses, knew better.

Impatiently, I pushed through the crowd, frustration hit be like a storm. Anger suddenly bubbled in me which lead to confusion. What was happening to me? I pushed my emotions away and grabbed a victim at random and looked at them in the eye.

"Don't be afraid of me." I whispered.

She simply stared. Confusion muddled with fear lingered in her eyes before vanishing. Then she smiled, her terror now forgotten. The girl had dark green eyes that shone like emeralds, her eyes had glazed over and her expression was blank; compulsion did this to the victims under its influence. Her hair was golden even in such a dark room. Her locks, curled and styled, just went past her shoulders. She wore a dark blue low neck dress that shone like sapphire, her dress was tight, showing off her curves. She was beautiful, and by the way she dressed she knew it too. But her youth won't help her in the afterlife.

Swiftly, I grabbed her arm, with my strigoi speed, I led her outside in a blur to a quieter part of the area. She looked startled but remained silent and relaxed. Unafraid. Without warning, I leaned into her neck tore into her neck. The rush of blood down my throat was refreshing, tasting sweet as usual but not very satisfying. I pulled away, masking my shock as I looked at the girl. She simply stared wordlessly. Her eyes bright, face relaxed and expression blissful.

This was strange. I'd usually feel happy, more content when feeding. I'd usually enjoy feeding like some humans enjoy food but now it was like feeding to me was a necessity, not something to savour. Like when humans breathe. I mentally shook my head and looked at the girl for the last time. My eyes slowly trailed down to her neck; where I had bitten before. Hesitantly, my mouth went back to her neck as I began to drink again.

I let go of the corpse and took a step back. Slowly, I wiped my mouth with the back of my sleeve. I hid the body behind a large garbage can to buy me sometime before anyone discovers the body. From behind me I heard another sound, that seemed to slice through the air. Only a strigoi would be able to detect a quiet sound like that; it would be too quiet for any other humans to hear. Swiftly I spun round and caught what was about to hit me, with my other hand, which happened to be a stake that was only inches away from my heart. It was a stake. A silver stake.