Chapter 10

The chair slammed into me. Hard. Rose had slammed a chair into my side as soon as I entered. Annoyed, I shoved it back at her. She staggered but she was ready to charge again. This time, I managed to grab the chair and rip it from her hands. I then tossed it to the wall. Somehow I knew we'd meet like this. She took a step back with a panicked expression. She knew she couldn't beat me, I knew her moves since I taught them to her but guardian lessons taught her not to stay inactive.

"Rose," I said, deflecting one of her kicks effortlessly. "You're wasting time. Stop." I saw her freeze a second, the love in her eyes for me flashed and disappered. Her expression turned fierce and full of determination She looked around desperately, ignoring my words.

She pulled the DVD player off, its cords ripping of the wall. She made a strange primal battle scream as she ran up to me and swung at me. It wasn't much of a weapon, it wouldn't affect me much if it hit me. It didn't, of course. I intercepted it and threw it down. In the same motion, I grabbed a hold of her arms, so she didn't reach up for something else. I held tight, annoyed, but she kept struggling.

I tried to reason again. "I'm not going to hurt you. Roza, please stop." I knew if I mentioned my nick name for her when I was a dhampir, I would get some sort of reaction. She froze for a second, almost lost in thought before she tries to attck me. Once again she ignored me, strucking out her legs and trying to kick me.

I let out a loud sigh before I grabbed her by the shoulder and flipped her around. I then pressed her against the wall, immobilising her with the full force of my body. I was too strong and she knew it but guardian instincts stop her from not giving up. She struggled a little but she couldn't do much.

"Stop fighting me." I said calmly against her neck, my body right up against hers. Sudden thoughts of drinking from her filled my mind but I dismissed the thoughts. I wouldn't bite her. Not now. "I'm not going to hurt you." I wasn't really, maybe get her by my side forever.

She gave another useless shove. Her breathing ragged from fighting me, she looked tired and I could bet the blow on the side of her head was still hurting. "You'll have to understand if I have a hard time believing that." She replied refusing to give up.

"If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead. Now if you're going to keep fighting, I'll have to tie you up. If you stop, I'll let you stay unrestrained."

"Aren't you afraid I'll escape?"

"No." My voice was perfectly calm which made her shiver. "I am not."

We stood like that deadlocked for almost a minute. I had made sure this room was 'Rose' proof. I thought of every way possible for her to escape. There is no way of getting out of there unless she had the code for both doors, which would be hard to remember. Hell it'll be hard to find out. I know the code and so does that human servant. Rose could easily over power the servant and ask for the code for both doors, but the human doesn't know english. It's why I picked her to do the job. Rose won't understand what she says. There's no way she can get out of here, soon she wouldn't even think it. I'll make her happy here.

She relaxed in my hold. "Okay." She finally replied.

I hesitated before letting her go, I didn't know if I could trust her. The whole moment reminded my of my days at the academy, in that litlle cabin. Rose had been raging and upset, consumed by spirit's darkness. I talked her out of that state, we had kissed. It was amazing.

I eased up letting her go. she turned around. I watched her; I didn't move away. We were about a foot apart. I couldn't stop my self as I studied her. Her soft brown eyes which went well with her dark silky hair. She was beautiful. And she would be mine for eternity. She was studying me as well, We stayed like that, and I realised I had a sudden urge to make her mine. Not yet. I reminded myself sternly.