Part 8 - Prepare for the worst

"Mobius?" Loki exclaimed at the man while the avengers watched on in confusion.

"Um, who are you and why are you in my tower?" Asked Tony before getting distracted by Peter frantically shaking his arm "Mr. Stark look, he's got a magic book thing like Ms. Absantine and Mr. Loki" he said excitedly "So are you some time dude -" began Tony, pausing to let Mobius confirm his name "Mobius" said the former TVA agent.

"Mobius?" "Mobius M. Mobius" Absantine let out a rather un ladylike snort.

"You're Full name is Mobius Mobius?" She laughed "oh come on, it's better than being named after alcohol like you" defended the Man. "Man Absantines great when your tripping on it" sighed clint. Silence. All eyes turned to the archer.

"Not that I do it" he quickly said "I mean I have kids, come on guys" "okay, ignoring that" said Bruce "Mobius, how did you get here?" Loki inquired "I got back to the TVA and spoke to Renslayer and then the timeline started branching like crazy and everything started going wrong, these army's started coming, trying to take over, they said that the time had come for Kang, whoever that is, to take his rightful place at the top of the TVA. I needed help so I went looking for B - 15 but I couldn't find her, so I stole a tempad charger and projector and came here, well several different versions of here before I found the right one".

"So this Kang guy, is he serious threat?" Bruce asked "He wants to rule all of time, and  remove free will from everyone to maintain control" Said Mobius.

Despite what Absantine and Loki had already told them it was still unsettling to think about one man controlling every minute of every person's life.

"He said that his variants were even more dangerous than him" said Loki.
"He also claimed he could resurrect himself" added Absantine. "Resurrection, that's impossible" began Tony before being silenced by Loki raising a single eyebrow in his direction.

"How do we even prepare for this kind of threat?" Questioned Clint "Tapes, more tapes" declared Mobius pulling out several more of the small tapes and the projector from the satchel he held. "When did you even have time to get all of that?" Asked Absantine "I move quickly" came the blunt reply as he set it up.

"Wait, don't you think some one should get Thor" said Bruce "Where is he, Asgard?" Asked Loki "No, the Bathroom".

After the god of thunder was recruited and brought up to speed on the situation, the TVA agent began to orchestrate a viewing session of the future.

They began with an explanation of the power and origins of the six infinity stones before branching out into everyone who tried to occupy them.

Currently the stones were scattered across the universe. One on earth, the space stone in the tesseract, one was with a man Thor referred to as 'the collector'. One was in visions forehead, the mind stone. One was in New York with Stephen Strange, the time stone, one was with the guardians of the galaxy, the power stone, and the last one was on a planet known as Vormir.

When Mobius spoke of this one he glanced meaningfully at Absantine who looked down at her feet sadly.

This behaviour did not go unnoticed however by a certain eagle eyed archer who immediately brought the situation to light interrupting the excited conversation taking place between Thor and Loki over the confirmed existence of the planet Vormir.

"What happens at Vormir?" Clint asked causing all attention to turn towards the conversation. "I um, I can't tell you that" shut down Mobius, doing his utmost best to avoid any questioning looks.

"The point is, our main threat right now is kang and his variants, they are coming and we need to prepare for the worst" He stated.

"Um Mr. Mobius sir?" Began Peter, glancing out the window "I think they might be already here". The group all ran to the window and sure enough several minute men were emerging from Amber time doors that were opening in the lawn below.

The soldiers stepped out into the newly fallen crisp white snow, activating their pruning sticks, they looked around them for any variants.

""Everybody suit up" Steve ordered.

Everyone began to grab their respective weapons and rushed down stairs to face the incoming threat.

They excited the building, weapons in hands and stood facing the minute men as the white snow fell around them.

"Stand down" said Steve "and nobody was to get hurt" another figure stepped out of a timedoor, the soldiers immediately clearing a path for him.

It was a middle aged man wearing purple robes and holding a sword that was dripping blood. Sylvies sword. A sinking feeling of dread quickly set in for the three that knew the woman.

"I think you guys are the ones going to get hurt Captain" he said with and almost cheerful grin as he readied his sword.

Hey so I lied this chapter was out a day late but it's fine. Also please tell me I'm not the only one who found this weeks episode of moonknight absolutely insane?

- Madeline