Part 9 - Long time, no see

He who remains, or Kang as they had come to know him, readied his or rather Sylvies sword in defense.

His army of hunters stood tall behind him, pruning sticks ready to attack. "Such a pity" Kang began as he twirled the sword in his hands. "That you two had to run of before our little chat had even finished, although I suppose you aren't entirely to blame, Sylvie really pulled a fast one on you huh?" Loki shifted on his feet uncomfortably.

"I mean even I was shocked, which is a rare occurrence, I was enjoying the whole three musketeers thing you guys had going on but I guess she didn't am I right?" He chuckled slightly at his own attempt at humour while everybody else stayed quiet.

"Either way, you get my point, I gotta take you two" He gestured at Absantine and Loki "back to the TVA, prune this timeline and find Sylvie, easy" he finished with a flourish of satisfaction.

"Prune the timeline" repeated Absantine "no you can't, you can't just erase them" her words caused slight panic among the avengers but she ignored them.

He who remains rolled his eyes and sighed dramatically "Ugh Absantine, I thought you were smarter than this!" He exclaimed "obviously I can't just leave them here, knowing about us what with all their morals that's gonna make life difficult for me" Kang finished.

"Difficult for you" said Loki "what about everyone else" the dictator shrugged "not my problem" he commented nonchalantly.

"Alright, enough chit chat" he said waving to the hunters who quickly advanced of the group and attacked.

A hunter lunged for Absantine but she ducked out of her way, grabbing the hunters stick and hitting her over the head with it, effectively knocking her out.

The widow then used the stick as a weapon against the rest. Loki used telekinesis to swipe a knife off of Natasha who protested but didn't argue. The god of mischief proceeded to stab several minute men.

Tony quickly tapped his arc reactor as the army advanced, summoning the iron man suit to cover him. Peter was abruptly shoved aside from the fight by his mentor who yelled at him to go inside with out argument.

Clint began shoot arrows but when the ordinary ones proved useless against the armour he switched to trick arrows. Natasha immediately pulled out her trusty weapon, a gun. She reached for her knives too only to find them floating out of her pocket while Loki stared intently at them.

Thor used mjolnier to summon lightning down on the battle and Steve threw his shield at oncoming threats. Mobius awkwardly followed Peter inside in an attempt to avoid conflict.

After a lengthy and trying fight, and the unavoidable deaths of many minute men, it was finally over and Kang fled but left the unspoken promise that he would return.

The group returned indoors, saving Mobius from an interrogation on the stability of space and time by a certain spider child.

They collectively decided that the best course of action was to go looking at the TVA themselves. They thought that if they used the tempad that Mobius had taken (amd there were several) to travel to different versions of the timelines TVA and search for information on variants who might be able to help reverse this catastrophe.

"Okay" began Steve "we'll split up into two groups, one will be Bruce, Thor, Clint, Natasha and I and the other group will be Tony, Peter, Absantine, Mobius and Loki".

There were murmurs of 'okay's and 'fine's amongst the occupants.

"Okay then" said Mobius clapping his hands together "Let's get started".

~~~~~~

The first group opened a time door and stepped through save for Natasha who hesitated, glancing back at her sister "hey um, don't die" she said "I'll try".

The second group stepped through their time door minutes later to find themselves in the hallway off the TVA as workers bustled busily around then ignoring the time door the crew had exited.

They briskly marched to the time Keepers elevator and fought their way inside. Peter decided to break the somewhat awkward silence in the lift.

"This is soooooo cool " he exclaimed excitedly "yep sure is kid" replied Mobius calmly "what happens when we get to the top?" Questioned the spider "well hopefully we find a Kang variant, and you know" Mobius made a signal by drawing his finger across his throat causing the teen to panic.

"What? But I don't want to kill anyone!" Argued the boy "you don't have to kill anyone Pete, you can just watch" Tony reassured "I don't want to watch someone die either" "Then close your eyes" Absantine added in a monotone tone with a shrug.

The elevator dinged signalling that they had arrived on the correct floor. The golden doors opened to reveal what could only be described as a throne room.

And sure enough, in the centre sat the splitting image of He who remains.

The man stood up glancing at the guards who pounced like a large cat having caught their first meal of the day. Tony summoned his suit while Absantine fought, this time peter and Mobius did their best to participate in the fight.

They left with a dagger in the mans heart.

When the group stepped back into the  compound the others were their waiting "did you get him?" Clint asked, a nod and egotistical remark from the genius confirmed it.

~~~~~~

So I know this chapter is short but it's building to something I promise, also Moon knight episode five!!! I was sobbing.

One more thing...... CAPTAIN CARTER IS IN M.O.M AGHHHHHHHHH she's my favourite I'm so hyped for this movie!

- Madeline