006.

ACT ONE ; CHAPTER SIX✎

✎ . . . issues

            𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 up to her eyes to block the blinding light, the group followed rick into the seemingly empty building.

            "hello?" rick's voice echoed through the room.

            the place was neat, it looked like it had been cleaned recently. it felt like no one was inside, it was so quiet. the only thing that could be heard was the faint groans of the dead roaming outside.

            the click of a gun startled the group, they instinctively aimed their weapons at the unknown man in front of them. "anybody infected?" the man called out to the group.

            "one of our group was.. he didn't make it." rick spoke up. "what's the point of telling him that?" camila said mostly to herself, glenn snickered next to her.

            the man asked more questions, rick answered. once that portion was done the strange man required the group to each take a blood test— as a price of admission. the man lowered his gun, "you got stuff to bring in; you do it now. once these doors close they don't open again."

            camila furrowed her brows in confusion, they don't open again?

            the group rushed out to grab the rest of their things that had been left in the cars, luci had already grabbed what her, charlotte and camila would need.

"vi, seal the main entrance. kill the power up here." the man called out to someone or something— camila didn't know.

the man who had let them inside the building was a doctor. edwin jenner. after all the introductions the group followed him to an elevator.

"are we going underground?" carol questioned nervously.

jenner looked back at her. "are you claustrophobic?" carol nodded, "a little..."
jenner only told carol not to think about it.

he took them to zone five, zone five was virtually empty. there was no people or doctors left besides jenner, only computers in the large room. whoever jenner was talking to upstairs, was some form of artificial intelligence.

jenner brought everyone into a separate room where he began taking blood samples from each person.

andrea was the last one to get her blood tested. the others, including camila, sat on the chairs inside the room. waiting for andrea to finish.