007.

ACT ONE ; CHAPTER SEVEN✎

✎ . . . the end of safety

            𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 two hours last night. all that she could think of was rick and the kiss. does he like me or was it just an emotional moment? was the number one question on the girls mind.

she went to the dining room where the rest of the group already sat, eating bacon and eggs. cam looked almost as hungover as glenn, but she hadn't drank so much as a drop of alcohol.

"morning sleepyhead," glenn patted the seat next to him, telling camila to sit by him. her eyes instinctively trailed over to rick, he was staring at shane who had claw like marks on his neck. lori looked to be avoiding shane's gaze. when camila looked back over to rick he was already staring at her.

camila's cheeks dusted pink and she turned her attention over to glenn. "you okay? you're like— all red." glenn asked.

"yeah! i'm fine, just tired." camila put on a small smile and with that, glenn was satisfied with the response. "where's charlotte?" he pointed out upon realizing the toddler wasn't at the table.

cam shrugged slightly, "first time since the beginning she's been able to sleep in a real bed. i'm lettin' her sleep in today."

"you're a good mom, y'know?" camila smiled, playfully pushing glenn. "i try my best."

"eggs. powdered, but i do em' good." t-dog announced, scooping eggs onto glenn's plate. "protein helps the hangover!" jacqui massaged glenn's shoulders, he probably had the worst hangover out of everyone.

"eat your breakfast, hun." jacqui told camila after seeing her doing nothing but pushing her eggs around on her plate. camila nodded and obeyed.

"don't ever, ever let me drink again." glenn pointed to camila. "i told you to go easy!" the latina defended herself with a laugh.

camila mostly avoided conversation with anyone, her head hurt too much and talking alone made it feel like her head was going to explode.

however, t-dog's question directed at shane piqued her interest. "what'd you do to your neck?" she noticed shane stare right at lori before answering; "don't know. must've done it in my sleep"

"never seen you do that before," rick pointed out. after that camila went back to ignoring the conversations around her. but she did wonder; was shane the reason he was having issues with lori?
all evidence points to yes but she didn't want to assume.